Who we are
Best of Seven is the go to color destination that offers spirited apparel and accessories for game day and every day. With a focus on color and fashion, rather than team logos, our products allow our fans (of teams, causes...or simply life itself) to infuse color into their game day style or every day look.
Who you are
Hard-working, resourceful, and organized. An experienced merchandise planner with a track record of developing strong strategic vision, financial acumen, and the ability to manage critical tasks while developing future business opportunities. You use data to drive decision making and are comfortable presenting a business case based on your findings. You can plan and forecast future merchandise buys based on sales and current inventory levels. You are responsible for reviewing stock to sales ratios, responding to changing sales trends, and ensuring plan sales, plan markups, and plan markdowns are achieved. You are an expert planner and you can coordinate the merchandise flow-through with ease.
This position’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following activities and duties.
- Builds sales plans and manages inventory levels to meet the assigned financial targets and company objectives
- Works with Director of Merchandising to actively manage inventory levels on a weekly basis to include planning backup orders on key core items and major initiatives, recommending orders, increasing/decreasing inventory, and/or canceling orders
- Creates weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly sales reporting to aggregate results for planning and forecasting of sales and inventory
- Provides monthly sales and inventory report, including monthly updates to Operating Model, and reviews projections and forecasts with Merchandising and Finance teams
- Works collaboratively with the Finance team on business trends, forecasting, and profit/loss reporting
- Efficiently inputs and maintains various merchandising systems
- Creates purchase orders and shares with the Finance team
- Coordinates with the factory and third-party logistics providers to ensure on-time delivery of goods and maintain accurate shipment details
- Partners with a third-party fulfillment center to update and maintain accurate inventory information across platforms
- 4+ years’ work experience including at least 2 years in merchandise planning or buying roles
- Experience overseeing merchandise planning department or category strongly preferred
- Fashion, e-commerce, and/or Shopify experience a plus
- Superior communication skills, both internal and client-facing
- Strong relationship management, organizational, and project management skills
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of internal teams and business partners
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Proficient on Mac with knowledge of Google Apps and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Strong aptitude with numbers and clear understanding of retail math skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a bias towards action
- Limited travel may be required
Background and reference checks required with an employment offer.
Compensation and Benefits
The successful candidate will receive competitive compensation which will commensurate with experience. Generous insurance coverage and paid time off available in a modern office location in Chicago.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com if you are interested in learning more about this position.