Men's Technical Designer
FIGS is seeking a Men's Technical Designer! You’ll report into the Senior Technical Designer. Our ideal candidate is clear with processes, a serial problem solver and all-star communicator. We're looking for someone who is creative, passionate with product, highly organized and detail-oriented.
What you’ll do:
- Create spec contents for tech packs
- Liaise with Design, PD, and Production to communicate company point of view to vendors
- Ability to identify construction issues and quality concerns and recommend solutions
- Lead and facilitate fit sessions
- Possess strong technical knowledge and patternmaking skills to communicate all changes to vendors
- Communicate development and fit comments from initial concept through TOP samples, through written reports, phone conversations, in a timely manner
- Maintain fit standards, written reports, charts, records, and samples
- Report to Senior Technical Designer
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Menswear Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design or Technical Design
- Must have cut and sew woven’s and knit experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to partner between cross-functional departments and internal business partners
- Strong cut and sew grading knowledge a must
- Strong knowledge of performance/active construction and fabric
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel
- Must have strong Adobe experience in Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat
- Must have PLM and/or PDM experience
- Gerber experience a plus
- Must be detail oriented and able to handle fast paced environment and multiple tasks at once.
A little bit about us:
The $60 billion medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor-quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded e-commerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, stain and liquid repellent, moisture-wicking, odor proof, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated scrubs to healthcare providers in need in over 35 countries.