The company profile
Maison Margiela is a fashion house founded in 1988 by Belgian designer Martin Margiela. Based in Paris, the house creates womenswear and menswear according to the very unique principles imagined by Martin Margiela himself, a philosophy in which deconstruction and heritage go hand in hand to create designs that showcase fashion as an art of meaning rather than a cult of personality. Maison Margiela crosses the fashion spectrum from its ‘Artisanal’ range, which has held the « Haute Couture » accolade since 2012, through ready-to-wear and accessories.
John Galliano was named Creative Director of the house in 2014, bringing his sense of spectacle and creative mastery to the very specific ethos of Maison Margiela. Whilst developing his own vision for the house, John Galliano has entirely respected the Martin Margiela state of mind, creating a fascinating organic process
The company vision
The brand revolutionized the industry paradigms in term of fashion and communication, but it has operated in a traditional way from a business stand point. Now digital technologies and consumers’ behavior changes offer the concrete opportunity to change the business paradigm as well to make Maison Margiela an innovative company at 360 degrees. How will fashion items will be communicated, distributed, sold, exchange in 2030. How we will interact with consumers across different touch point at different stages of their experience. Digital platforms are expensive for big players, but there are several emerging platforms that allow small organization to be more agile and quicker on the market. We live in times where innovation is coming from the bottom, more than from the top.
The Omni-channel Retail team plays a key role in that strategy. We look for curious, dynamic, clever talents who loves challenges.
The role in brief
Farfetch.com is a strategic partner for the growth of the Maison. We have developed a 360 collaboration that span from fully integrated publication process, media investment, regular global and local business reviews, VIP services, advanced analytics. The role focus on maximizing the potential of the platform to growth the business from direct stores by managing the publication process, overseeing the right stock levels in all stock points, coordinate the campaign execution and customer service training activities.
The roles responsibilities and size relevant factors (financial/organizational)
- Online collection publication and online markdown policy management
- Merchandising analysis by stock points vs online demand to lead a proper stock allocation
- Online offer benchmarking and price tracking
- Online vs offline sales comparisons, both transactional and behavior (most item view, vs best sellers/slow sellers)
- Samples coordination for both catalogue publication and campaign
- Publication process and operations
- Store operations
- Farfetch analytics
- Farfetch potential sales above 30 mln globally, potential penetration from direct stores 50%.
- Internal : Retail operations, ecommerce, retail business intelligence, buying team, communication
- External : Farfetch
- work experience : Min 3 years online merchandising in fashion/luxury industry, familiar with online analytics and tools
- expected soft skills: Team player, constructive approach, relationship builder
- education : Digital marketing, business management, merchandising
- languages : English mandatory, French is an asset
- Location & mobility : based in Paris, few trips a year to Portugal and London