Danse Lente is a women's accessories label specializing in handbags and small leather goods. Each piece is conceived in depth in order to create a purpose-built product that will also create a unique experience to its predecessor. There is a playful and curious element to each design that appeals to a wide range of audiences.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Designer with 3+ years experience to join our expanding creative team. Based in our newly opened Seoul office the role will report to the Creative Director.
Main duties and skills:
Candidate must be Fully CAD literate with strong skills in Illustrator, Photoshop and Rhinoceros. Highly proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word)
- Carry out the development of new collections (leather goods and bespoke hardware development)
- Contribute design ideas by research and presentation of ideas
- Report and work closely with the Design Director to develop and design collections
- Strong knowledge of leather goods constructions, pattern cutting is required
- Assist in Teck-packs, Spec-sheets, 3 drawings, CAD rendering on Illustrator and Photoshop, material placement
- Must be able to create innovative digital prints, hand painting is a plus
- Work with suppliers and factories via written and personal visits when requested
- Assist Product development and Production in various logistic and technical aspects, liaising with overseas suppliers, shipping, samples management, quality control, fabric and trims, purchasing orders and provide any admin support as required.
- Developing new packaging design
- Fashion Design degree or Masters is a plus
- Minimum 3 years’ experience within the fashion industry in a similar role
- Interest in luxury/fashion, art and design
- Strong planning, organisational and problem-solving skills
- Organized and detail oriented with an ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment based around 4 seasons per year
- Must be able to assist others when needed and work independently when required
- Excellent communication skills in Korean and English (both verbal and written) is a must
- Adaptable – able to handle additional category requests based on business needs. As Danse Lente business continues to evolve, new categories, collections and collaborations will be added. Design and development duties will be allocated in the most sensible way keeping in mind the workload of the position and the skill and strengths of the talent in the role
A portfolio must be submitted as part of the application.