Press Sample Coordinator
The samples press coordinator is a motivated, passionate and engaged individual with an understanding of the media landscape. The purpose of the press samples coordinator is to provide vital support on the day-to-day needs of the press department and wider Brand Engagement team. The candidate will require strong communication and time management skills to effectively communicate with teams internally and externally ensuring a smooth running of this function. They should show a love for fashion, product and designers as well as show a clear understanding of the Browns DNA and values.
- Facilitate the smooth running of the day to day functioning of the press team, providing support as requested and required.
- Liaison with the warehouse and retail teams to allocate stock and manage transfers, according to Browns guidelines and systems as well as in response to editors requests and deadlines.
- Manage and facilitate sample coordination including daily product send-outs and returns, ensuring regular and timely processing of stock back to the warehouse.
- Responsible for maintenance and organisation of all stock, with returns processed to high standards to ensure accuracy of inventory.
- Conduct monthly stocktakes within the press branch to ensure all stock is accounted for.
- Management and upkeep of press office.
- Order couriers and manage all couriers and shipments, ensuring cost effective use, speed of sending and environmental impact.
- Curate and share weekly product newsflashes to a dedicated media list to generate product coverage in online galleries and shopping pages as informed by the wider PR team and in line with editorial pushes. Pitch and send high res imagery to press when required.
- Collate daily press coverage reports to share with the team as well as weekly recaps for the wider business, scanning press coverage when necessary.
- Perform quarterly analysis of press coverage and work with the Press Assistant and PR Executive to identify coverage gaps and opportunities.
- Research and collate competitor analysis alongside the wider press team.
- Distribute and play a key role in the management of subscriptions, both digital and physical, in order for press coverage to be read and reviewed daily by the entire press team.
- Manage and ensure the media database is kept up to date, as well as assist in researching to support development of media lists and outreach strategies. Ensure data integrity.
- Cultivate and maintain strong and meaningful relationships with fashion assistants and cupboards.
- Cultivate and maintain strong and meaningful relationships with the wider Browns business in order to understand the roles of each function.
- Provide gifting support to the press and brand marketing teams and ensure stock is written-off when requested.
- Provide support to other functions as required, including the editorial and social media teams.
- Manage all requests for brand assets and ensure they are saved down in relevant folders.
- Conduct store appointments with members of press where relevant.
- Engage with the in-house Browns Learning & Development team as well as the available resources to grow both personally and professionally.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrates experience in working in a team environment as well as being able to work autonomously, ability to multi-task and action-orientated.
- Passionate, engaged and motivated – loves to have fun.
- Able to encompass the Browns brand and values and truly represent the spirit of the company.
- Has prior relevant experience gained from working with logistics and inventory.
- Professional and well-presented with a good eye for detail, always reliable.
- Clear and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills, as well as being articulate on email.
- Can build their own personal brand in order to be the go-to for all press product requests externally and internally.
- Good time-management skills and exceptionally well organised and efficient, able to work under pressure.
- Proactive and always looking at ways to improve efficiency.
We offer a competitive base salary, bonus, a flexible way of working, equity within the Farfetch group, generous discount on Browns (50%) and Farfetch (25%), and a suite of benefits that supports well-being such as top-tier private medical insurance, critical illness, life assurance, discounts off a wide network of fitness clubs, run club Wednesday, free breakfast every morning, wine time Friday, monthly birthday celebrations, department off-site activities (your choice!) every quarter, plus 25 days holiday, and a state of the art office to call home in the heart of Old Street.