Product Developer (Home Collections)
PRODUCT DEVELOPER (Home Collections)
We are looking for a new Product Developer to join La DoubleJ team. Responding directly to the brand Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the sourcing and development of the new La DoubleJ Home Design collections and Special Projects. We’re on the lookout for someone with previous experience in similar role in the home design department, who will be focused on the development of LDJ non-textile homeware products (glasses, china and ceramic plates, cutlery, tableware,…).
What you’ll do:
• Coordinate the sourcing and development cycles of the home collections, working closely together with the Creative and Design teams.
• Support the Merchandising Director into developing the homeware and special projects collection plans
• Ensure production of projects/designs are successfully delivered in line with the brief, timeline and budget
• Produce and follow project objectives, timelines and task lists
• Produce and follow budget sheets
• Develop and manage the relationship with other internal (other teams) and external stakeholders (suppliers)
• Being update on the latest trends in the home design market, of the competitive scenario and the customers insight and identify new products enhancements
What we're looking for:
• At least 5-6 experience as product developer or similar roles in the home design industry
• Understand the retail luxury industry, working experience in e-commerce industry is a plus
• Solid understanding of principles, tactics and implementation of product development activities
• Excellent organizational skills, Strong ability to work both in team and autonomously, interacting with multiple stakeholders (internal and external)
• Strong attention to details, Excellent time management skills and ability to work to tight deadlines
• Both analytical and creative mind-set
• Excellent Italian and English skills
• Up-to-date on the latest trends in the home design and lifestyle trends
• Positive attitude, Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
La DoubleJ is a multi-tasking Milanese brand that edits the very best of Italy. Founded by J.J. Martin in 2015, the company has expanded from a shoppable magazine selling just vintage clothing and jewelry, to a full lifestyle label offering new fashion made with archival prints, cool home design and rare vintage. All of La DoubleJ’s creations—from its content, editorial projects and pop up shops, to its product design and wildly patterned showroom in Milan—are distilled through a lens of pure joy, eye-popping print and love of all things maximal and dedicated to all the Great Gorgeous Girls who rock it with style.
Los Angeles-born, Milan-based journalist and vintage collector J.J. Martin has spent the past 16 years scoping out the very best of Italian fashion and design as a contributing editor at Harper’s Bazaar USA, WSJ, and Wallpaper magazines. Her writing has also appeared in T: The NY Times Style Magazine, Japanese Vogue, AD and Elle Décor. Now Martin translates her experience as an editor into discovering hidden archives, curating under-the-radar talent, and shining the light on Italy’s unsung historic producers as creative director for La DoubleJ.