The garment technologist will help create the link between Rovó’s clients and manufacturers. You will be responsible for developing tech packs & technical drawings for a number of clients, including lifestyle & fashion brands, while keeping production on track.
You will be responsible for the development of our clients’ collections from tech pack creation, translation of comments, technical advice, fabric testing and care label approval, lead fit sessions and effectively communicate fit intent, critical path monitoring and production status update, assist in sourcing raw materials and trims, SMS delivery and style grading approval. You will work closely with sales and production teams and have overall responsibility for the development of garments from order through to production ensuring they perform according to customer spec and quality.
It is essential that you have experience and knowledge in laying out and presenting clients' specifications in a detailed, logical and organised manner and are skilled in using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop as well as Microsoft Excel.
You will work as a team with our quality controllers to co-ordinate in-line and final quality control during production with multiple factories. The garment technologist will be responsible to ensure that all tech packs, measurement charts, comments are updated and handed over to the quality controller along with approved pre-production samples. You will be required to co-ordinate quality testing (if required) and together with the quality controller ensure that all goods are made according to spec and shipped within the agreed ex-factory date.
The garment technologist should also be able to forecast potential production and quality concerns and make recommendations to ensure brand integrity for each customer.
This role will involve weekly visits to our manufacturing partners and suppliers, along with a combination of admin work to be carried out at our office in Porto. Seeing as we are a small team, you will be also be expected to take on tasks outside of the job description and contribute to the overall growth of the company.
- Minimum relevant experience of 2 years in a similar role
- Textile/Fashion related degree
- Skilled in tech pack development
- Fluent in English and ideally Portuguese
- Excellent communicator, organised and efficient
- Precise and detail oriented
- Technical knowledge of garment construction, pattern cutting and textiles
- Personal interest in fashion and lifestyle brands
- Team player, confident and outgoing
- Capable of prioritising workload and working towards deadlines
- Proactive in problem solving
- Experienced in Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Excel
- Valid drivers license
What we offer:
- Access to our company's car pool
- Working in a purpose driven company, with a young and dynamic team and a cool office in Porto
- A good work-life balance as a tool for being more creative and productive