Fixed-term 6-month contract – with potential for a permanent role in future
Josh Wood Colour is looking for someone who loves delighting clients and staff through the application and support of technology. This role is ideal if you are a technical specialist who loves working with rapidly evolving teams and needs, and who has a bias for helping to innovate and figure out how to get to ‘yes’ in a risk-balanced manner.
One moment you may be seeking new cutting-edge software tools and apps to improve effectiveness, and the next you may be helping to change settings on an email marketing system, Zendesk or G-Suite
We offer significant independence to teams within the business to champion and lead day to day use of the main software platforms for their teams where practical. The Technical Manager will ensure cross-system compatibility and integration, data integrity, improvements, effectiveness.
The Technical Manager supports all other systems including CRM and acts as desktop support for the team. This role has no direct reports and will report directly into top management. There is a separate Head of Digital who runs our e-commerce system.
Josh Wood is a world leading colourist, an Executive Board Member of the British Beauty Council and a regular host on ITV’s This Morning. He founded the Atelier in 2011 as the home of our handpicked dream team of colourists and stylists.
“From Fashion Week to the red carpet, if you’ve spotted a shade you absolutely love, it’s more than likely expert colourist Josh Wood or his team were behind it” - Refinery29
We are on a mission to offer a better solution for clients to have fantastic personalised hair colour that is tailored to each individual. Our London Atelier is also the home to Josh Wood Colour Digital, working alongside Josh and the Atelier team to bring expert product innovation to our at home community.
- A ‘player-manager role’ involving hands-on support for the day to day needs of staff and clients
- Supporting e-commerce environments and related CRM systems
- Selecting, implementing, supporting new software systems at pace
- Ongoing management of current Tech Stack for 20 strong team; G Suite, Slack, Zendesk, Shopify, Yotpo, Klaviyo, Falcon, Google Analytics, Xero
- Support teams within the business to champion and lead day to day use of the main software platforms (where practical) ensuring cross-system compatibility and integration, data integrity, improvements, effectiveness
- Ensure compliance and understanding of GDPR, data protection and related rules to protect our clients’ data.
- Experience of growing businesses and likes to be directly involved in making an impact daily
- At least 5 years in a consumer-facing company (preferably a start-up) with a strong client ethos
- Zendesk or equivalent experience
- Consumer-brand e-commerce marketing tools are of great benefit
- Fluent in English with good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to put the customer first, even when working under pressure
- Ability to work independently whilst collaborating with the rest of our small team
- The ideal candidate will support practical nimble planning for the wider business
- We are a friendly bunch with a strong and collaborative team culture
- You will be joining a creative team and get the chance to help shape how we work
- Working in a growing brand with global ambition is a unique challenge and opportunity where time passes quickly, no two weeks are the same, and the opportunities for trying new things for personal development are constant
- We have a physical office presence in Holland Park, London. At the beginning of March 2020 we made the decision to move to working from home for all Digital employees until January 2021 when we will review the situation again. We have invested significant time and budget into ensuring that everyone is suitably equipped to work from home. Our guiding principle behind any decision we make will always be the health and well-being of our team.