New Product Development Manager
New Product Development Manager
Fixed-term 4-month contract – with potential for a permanent role in future
Josh Wood Colour is looking for a New Product Development Manager (Services) to help our online clients choose suitable products to buy from our website and achieve amazing outcomes when using them. We have a variety of ways to help with consultations and recommendations. Your role will be to identify and deliver a winning strategy and service to delight clients and increase sales and loyalty across these methods (or others that you propose and develop to be better still). You will lead on operational delivery as well as service design and product management.
Reporting directly to the Head of Client Delight, this role could be described as a ‘player-manager’ as it involves being very hands-on to support the operational delivery whilst also driving the business forward through innovation, analysis and commercial acumen.
Josh Wood is a world-leading colourist, an Executive Board Member of the British Beauty Council and a regular host on ITV’s This Morning. He founded the Atelier in 2011 as the home of our handpicked dream team of colourists and stylists.
“From Fashion Week to the red carpet, if you’ve spotted a shade you absolutely love, it’s more than likely expert colourist Josh Wood or his team were behind it” - Refinery29
We are on a mission to offer a better solution for clients to have fantastic personalised hair colour that is tailored to each individual. Our London Atelier is also the home to Josh Wood Colour Digital, working alongside Josh and the Atelier team to bring expert product innovation to our at-home community.
- Identify consumer insights and design services to deliver outcomes which delight clients
- Adopt a technology-neutral approach to achieving the best outcomes for clients today
- Assess current competitor offerings, seeking opportunities for differentiation
- Decide approaches for rapid effective progress via buy / build / partner
- Analyse usage and effectiveness data to drive constant improvement
- Deliver impactful go-to-market plans to support brand, acquisition and loyalty
- Drive related product and planning process across the company
- Management and delivery of services for Consultations and Recommendations
- Achieving KPI goals to achieve constant, sustainable improvement
- Developing other new services as required.
- Intellectual curiosity, are comfortable with ambiguity and have a bias for action
- 5+ years experience developing and managing products and services, mostly for consumers
- You understand and value technology and analysis and know that product outcomes are all about the right solution for particular clients, not the latest bleeding edge ideas
- You are as comfortable chasing product-market fit as you are revenues and client satisfaction
- Genuine pride and energy from delighting clients
- We are a friendly bunch with a strong and collaborative team culture
- You will be joining a creative team and get the chance to help shape how we work
- Working in a growing brand with global ambition is a unique challenge and opportunity where time passes quickly, no two weeks are the same, and the opportunities for trying new things for personal development are constant
- We have a physical office presence in Holland Park, London. At the beginning of March 2020 we made the decision to move to working from home for all Digital employees until January 2021 when we will review the situation again. We have invested significant time and budget into ensuring that everyone is suitably equipped to work from home. Our guiding principle behind any decision we make will always be the health and well-being of our team.