Atelier Supervisor and Bridal Fitter
Responsible for leading all fittings and bespoke clients, performing alterations and leading the seamstresses for all alterations.
You will maintain up to date processes, liaising between departments and ensuring smooth and professional day-to-day running of the department.
Work closely with the Production Manager to ensure all department needs are met in order to produce orders in a timely manner.
To have a comprehensive knowledge of the Halfpenny London standards, and ensure these are met through regularly revised processes, quality of product, and professional conduct.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Prepare and run a well organized atelier for fittings and production
- Assist with Halfpenny London events
- Manage bespoke timeline and fittings
- Sewing new collection toiles each season in line with your schedule.
- Host bridal fittings. Ensure excellent customer service and an impeccable quality of alterations.
- Keep accurate fit notes and deliver a handover to your seamstresses for each client.
- Execute alterations from your fittings between yourself and seamstresses.
- Plan and divide the workload between the pattern cutter and seamstresses in the studio, giving clear instructions for all tasks.
- Maintaining utmost quality and finish of each product through in-house production and alterations.
- Keep an organized fittings diary with the Retail team, ensuring all orders are in the fittings area at least 7 days before client appointments.
- Technically support seamstresses, pattern cutter and production department.
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
- Work closely with Creative Director & Assistant during development of new collection and facilitate all workflow aspects from concept to design to production sign off.
- Attend all fittings – take detailed notes and supply your team with updated fit notes.
- Assist pattern cutter and production manager with product specs to handover to Production. Good product knowledge of all Halfpenny London collections.
- Flag any production and quality issues throughout a style’s cycle and work together with Production to find solutions.
- Develop and standardize workmanship techniques for production.
- Manage the timeline of client dresses in the studio from fittings through to alterations and collection.
- Working alongside the Production Manager to allocate time and space in the studio for Production planning and packing.
- Planning and dividing the workload between the pattern cutter and seamstresses in the studio, giving clear instructions for all tasks within a project.
- Interview interns with Production Manager.
- Manage studio interns according to your studio plan.
- Schedule freelance seamstresses in line with monthly budgets.
- Book and manage cutter during times of demand during new season production.
- Provide training to new studio interns by reading through intern handbook with new interns – training.
- Managing the Production Assistant and Studio Apprentice to assist you with administration tasks and organization of the in house production, preparation of bridal orders and general smooth running of the studio.
You are intelligent, optimistic, aesthetic-driven, and solution oriented person who thrives from working with a luxury product.
- Excellent experience with alterations for evening and luxury garments.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to multitask in hosting fittings while delivering exceptional service.
- Great understanding of patterns and creating bespoke garments.
- You will lead with initiative and a self drive.
- You will be highly organized and run a clear diary for your team. Setting clear objectives and achievable deadlines.
- You will operate in a professional manner, as a proud representative of Halfpenny London, and the culture of the brand. This means bringing a problem solving attitude, a friendly approach, and a courteous manner in all dealings.
- You will lead by example to the freelancers and interns. Inspiring them to be the best version of themselves, while assisting you.
- You will report to the MD on staff performance within the studio.
- You will feedback to the MD on systems in place and changes you suggest.
- Ability to work positively within a team.
- Strong communication skills
- Personal accountability and integrity
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills to meet all seasonal deadlines.
- Eager to learn and adapt to new systems and processes
Note: This list is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the job. The content above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the role. This does not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.