HODINKEE Shop Editor - Copywriting
HODINKEE is the foremost destination for all things in the world of horology, making watches and information about them accessible to all. Now is an exciting time to join our growing team of creative professionals who are passionate about collaborating on unique projects and providing an outstanding experience for an avid community of watch enthusiasts. Our team consists of editors, designers, engineers, customer experience specialists, operational wizards, and so many other key players who have helped cement HODINKEE’s position as the most trusted source for watch news and products.
Over the past decade, founder Ben Clymer and team have grown HODINKEE into a robust media and retail platform by providing its respected point of view on industry news and releases, investing in engaging and creative storytelling, producing a designated podcast, printing a bi-annual publication and launching and growing its own retail outlet, HODINKEE Shop. At its core, HODINKEE’s goal is to bring its readers and consumers the best in wristwatches in a way that is approachable, authentic, and honest.
As we look to expand the HODINKEE Shop Editorial team, we are looking for a talented and motivated individual to join HODINKEE Shop as a copywriter. The ideal candidate is a passionate story teller and engaging writer, who can help our customers understand the pride and joy of owning a high-quality timepiece or watch accessories. The person we are looking for would have some knowledge in the horology as well as understanding of the luxury retail space. This person will ensure new products copywriting are prioritized and launched on time as well as contribute to generate new stories that adds value for our audience.
What You'll Do
- Providing copywriting for product pages and description within the eCommerce website with eye for SEO
- Research on a brand’s history or product’s background for engaging storytelling
- Upload content into various CMS systems as required
- Write engaging stories for the HODINKEE Shop Journal
- Evolve and develop the HODINKEE Shop Journal into its standalone communication platform
- Provide copy across multiple aspects of the HODINKEE Shop marketing and communications channels including: emails, social media, print, advertising, etc.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (in Journalism or something writing-related preferable)
- Committed to tight deadlines
- 2-4 years of experience in professional copywriting for high end products (ie. auction catalog, luxury brands or similar)
- Great communication skills and ability to function effectively within a team
- Ability to follow consistent style and quality across a range of editorial products
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Interested in watches, with a desire to learn more
- Candidates must possess authorization to work in the U.S.
HODINKEE is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life.