Data Migration Lead (D36) (6 month contract) ASAP Start!
Browns is recruiting a contract Data Migration Lead Consultant for a retail implementation of Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations. This role will be part of the core project team with responsibility for the design and execution of the data migration and cleansing strategy to support the testing, go-live and post-implementation hyper-care phases.
Close collaboration with technical SMEs and business stakeholders alike, will be essential to ensure the data migration from the existing ERP to the new D365 F&O implementation is always executed in a compliant and end-user focused manner. This role will suit a technical, detail-orientated problem solver, with a passion for creating commercial resilience through the provision of accurate and reliable data. They will have a solid understanding of Microsoft Dynamics 365 for F&O data entities, have strong experience of executing full Data Migration loads and a tool bag full of associated data migration tools/strategies to solve the challenges ahead.
- Build and document a detailed understanding of the existing data (structures, locations, relationships, known challenges/edge cases etc) in the existing systems.
- Develop a detailed documentation and mapping to the new data structures, for optimal usage through the D365 application by End Users, and BI technologies
- Produce the data migration strategy and execution plan to achieve key project milestones – taking into account near-static data, and data that is in flux.
- Define the test cases, and quality control mechanisms to ensure all data is migrated correctly, in suitable volumes for the project phases and at the right time.
- Work with Finance and Security SMEs to ensure that all data migration activities are compliant within relevant laws and guidelines.
- Execute the data migration strategy to:
- Extract data from existing source systems, primarily existing SQL Server transactional DB
- Test the data correctness and completeness.
- Cleanse data where necessary.
- Present outcomes of each phase and obtain consent to continue.
- Import migration data into the new destination D365 application instances including test, UAT and Live environments.
- Verify and prove completion at each step.
Skill & Experience:
- Previous experience leading and executing complex ERP Data Migrations with D365 as the target system
- Excellent data extraction, profiling and cleansing skills – strong SQL coding skill essential
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- Good understanding of Retail/Multichannel business, particularly within apparel would be advantageous
- Confident communicator, both written and spoken.
- Customer and end-user experience focused.
- At ease working in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Strong Microsoft Office / PC skills.
- Experience in a Data Analyst or Business/Systems Analyst role.
Unfortunately Browns Fashion isn’t working with any recruitment agencies at this present time and will not accept unsolicited speculative CVs.