Head of People
Everpress is a global fashion marketplace that connects consumers to unique & sustainable products by independent designers.
Our mission is to champion creativity, supporting grassroots creators while reducing the waste in fashion. Think ASOS for the new generation.
We are an ambitious, tight-knit and happy bunch who get together and get stuff done out of our lovely Dalston office space (right behind the best coffee shop in London). A typical week involves fruit bowls, team sports, trips to the pub and free-lunch Fridays.✌️🌱
As Everpress is growing fast, we’re looking for a Head of People to build and lead our People function. This will include a broad remit of talent acquisition, on-boarding, policy management, payroll and employee engagement. For the right person this will be an exciting opportunity to start with an almost blank slate including processes and make Everpress a very attractive place to work for.
Build the People Function in line with B-Corp guidelines (65%)
- Structure the HR department and define the HR strategy to ensure employee engagement, and a healthy workplace
- Drive a culture that embodies Everpress’s Leadership Principles, which reward, promote and encourage high performance throughout the organization
- Ensure all people policies and procedures are up-to-date and in line with employment legislation
- Maintain and share the culture and values of Everpress
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among department members that allows for disagreement over ideas, and the appreciation of diversity as well as cohesiveness
- Responsible for quarterly equal pay audit through analysis and monthly payroll
- Research into viable yet desirable perks and benefits we can reward our staff with
- Lead disciplinary processes and work with the relevant team when needed
Diversity and Inclusion Recruitment Strategy (25%)
- Create a recruitment plan to select, attract and retain the best profiles to support our growth and in line with Everpress values. We are planning to recruit 40 more people in 2021
- Optimize and scale the overall team and process for recruiting transformational talent, candidate evaluation processes, interview best practices, candidate follow-up, recruiting KPIs and their continuous improvement to drive the growth strategy
- Help to establish and improve full employee lifecycle (on-boarding, performance reviews, internal communications, off-boarding)
- With the help of our Diversity, Inclusion and Equity Manager, build and drive the global Diversity & Inclusion HR strategy
- Support multiple business areas with their recruitment needs, being quick to understand the demands of different teams
- Constantly strive to improve the quality, time and cost efficiency of the recruiting function
Effective Employee Training Programs (10%)
- Maintain transparent communication. Appropriately communicate information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and appropriate email, slack
- Train managers on building and leading world class teams with a strong culture of performance and learning and development
- Incorporate social and environment practices into employee programs
- Drive a culture of performance and support managers to implement Performance Development Plan to develop talents
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience working in a stand-alone position or setting up a HR department is also desirable
- Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, organisational planning, compensation and benefits and learning and development
- Confident with both excel and power point reporting to run regular analysis
- An understanding of and an enthusiasm for start up and strong business growth culture
- You are methodical, detailed orientated and rigorous to ensure strong foundations of the HR department
- You have an excellent emotional intelligence and, in particular, a lot of empathy
- You are proactive, and you are motivated to work with great autonomy as you will be managing multiple projects
- Leadership: easily move others to action by planning, motivating, organizing and being accountable
- Shares options and a competitive base salary
- A plant filled, relaxed working environment
- Remote work available. You just need to live in a (+/-3h) BST time zone and be able to come on a monthly basis to the HQ (post Covid). This said, being based in London (or nearby) is a plus due to the prominent role the city plays in the UK fashion tech scene.
- 25+ days holiday, + activism days
- Early Friday finishes
- EAP programme extended to family
- Company away days and team experiences
- Employee discounts towards high street retailers, restaurants and experience days
- Best in class learning & development opportunities
- Free t-shirts for family and friends
- Dog friendly office
Everpress provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law.
If we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process or you have feedback on how to make our recruiting more accessible, please contact us at email@example.com.