This role is to work directly with the Creative director & Head Designer and to take forward initial inspiration ideas to start to build a cohesive seasonal collection and, must be able to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment.
This role must ensure to bring creative strength and newness to each collection, as well as understanding the business requirements in terms of commercial needs to support the growth of the business.
To work closely with the Collection Development team to ensure design handovers are clear and critical paths are adhered to.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To initiate original design sketches, following the Creative Director seasonal brief.
- Prepare relevant and creative research on themes, colours, fabrics, prints & embroideries around the season’s brief.
- To research and maintain knowledge of relevant womenswear trends and history to advise on silhouettes, finishes, suitability of fabrics etc.
- Design product that conforms to the range plan and creative vision of the brand. Collaborating with different functions within the company, such as the sales team to ensure commerciality of collection, and range plan, and PD / production to respect margin expectations.
- Participate and collaboratively assist in fittings and manging fitting prep work with the design and development teams.
- Help coordinate the design team, and allocate work appropriately to ensure deadlines and design quality is maintained, working closely with Collection Development team on ensuring compliance of critical paths.
- To work in conjunction with the development team to ensure that design to fabric gives a merchandised and balanced collection for sales with all price points and categories respected.
- Any other duties as directed by the Creative Director.
- Intermediate to advance hand sketching ability.
- Assisting in daily studio errands when needed.
- Good communication skills and an interest in working with a dynamic team.
- A good understanding of the design process, and attention to deadlines and critical path.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not construed to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the job. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
- Previous executive support experience (preferably in a luxury/fashion/creative environment)
- Administration skills
- Strong organization
- Ability to clearly communicate with people across the company
- Workload Management
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to multitask
- Strong proficiency in English to be able to respond appropriately to correspondence on behalf of the Founders
- Microsoft Office skills
- Strong attention to detail
Based in London, the company culture is dynamic and entrepreneurial but with a strategic vision and a perception of a widely known, well established brand. The brand is headed by its two Founders, Peter Dundas and Partner Eve Bousis.
The culture of this fast-growing brand requires strong organisational skills, team players, good communication skills and a “Can Do” and 360 approach.