Eyewear Designer (Freelance)
Are you an assertive multitasker who thrives in a high-energy, fast-paced working environment? Are you a fashion industry lover who wants to join an amazing team of creative people in a growing startup company?
BY FAR is looking for an experienced Eyewear Designer.
BY FAR is a Bulgarian luxury shoe and bag brand focusing on modern pieces with a nostalgia for vintage. Our premium product is made with love and an appreciation for the finest materials, outstanding quality and comfort. A breakout social media success, BY FAR has earned a cult following among the fashion crowd, with a steady stream of influencers, actresses and stylists trotting the globe in BY FAR’s mini bags, simple booties and square-toe sandals that anticipate that 90’s coolness.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
- Manage the design and development of several sun/ophthalmic frame collections;
- Developing themes, gathering market research and proposing seasonal colour palettes;
- Design and develop products based on the brand objectives and market needs;
- Produce trend led collections that are creative and commercial;
- Primary sourcing contact with suppliers;
- Pricing of new models;
- Work alongside the Collection Director to put in place a calendar for new product releases and manage on-time execution;
- Analyze sales results;
- Manage overall collection size/sku count;
- Liaise with marketing to deliver on-message product;
- Develop Product Training documents as needed for key accounts and/or sales team.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of professional experience designing eyewear;
- Experience in working on sunglasses is a must;
- Able to conceptualize new products while evolving existing product lines;
- Eagerness to execute all design needs/objectives in a timely manner;
- Ability to drive innovation;
- Proven track record of succeeding under pressure;
- Extensive knowledge of market trends, industry standards, and legal compliance;
- Product Development/Technical know-how of sunglasses is essential;
- Exiting contacts within the specialized supply network;
- CAD experience;
- Ability to create technical packs and deliver instruction to factories.
WHY WORK WITH US?
- A freelance contract;
- Dynamic working environment in a booming startup with the chance to shape the look of a brand-new category;
- Flexible schedule;
- Strong supportive culture;
- Cool, ambitious and amazingly talented team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow.
If what we have described seems like the perfect fit for you, then we would love to hear from you. Please include your portfolio with your application.
Our team will be contacting only shortlisted candidates.