Senior Designer RTW Women’s wear
Reports to: Head of Design
Job Purpose: Accountable for designing a modern collection with a strong fashion direction encapsulating the attitude of JW Anderson.
- Design Women’s wear according to the brief given by the Creative Director and Design Director.
- Working collaboratively with Fabric and Product Development teams.
- Fitting of all prototypes and samples.
- Work collaboratively with the merchandising team to plan and finalise the collection.
- To pass on all relevant and appropriate information to all areas linked to product i.e. Product, sales and merchandising.
- Working with Fabric and the Atelier to organise and constantly update an archive of reference material for all collections including sketches, fabrics, accessories, hardware and trim.
Day to Day Activities
- Creation of sketches, technical drawings of external and internal details and specifications for clear and effective communication with Product Development and factories.
- Develop extensive initial research and Photoshop mockups/designs.
- Working collaboratively with Fabric on selection of cloths, lining and trims ensuring full depth and breadth of offer whilst remaining price point sensitive for final review of the Creative Director.
- Ensuring that all work is completed at each stage of the design process within the design department, within specified deadlines as communicated in the timetable from the product development team.
Relationships and Communication
- Reporting to the Head of Design.
- Work as part of a strong dynamic design team.
Build strong working relationship with the Sales Department to gain feedback on the collections to satisfy all commercial requirements.
- Work with Product Development team to launch all sketches with appropriate manufacturers, ensuring each style receives correct fabric, trims, lining and technical information.
- Supervising the design intern.
Skills and Experience needed:
- Strong research, concept and creative skills.
- Strong drawing and draping skills.
- Strong ability to articulate Ideas.
- Technical knowledge of garment construction.
- Experience of working for a luxury brand in a fast-paced environment.
- Full understanding of both contemporary and luxury market.
- In depth knowledge of fabric and trims.
- Computer Literate: Photoshop + Illustrator
- Organisational and communication skills.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to work with a team.
- Adaptable and flexible to be able to meet the changing demands of the business.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and strong interpersonal skills
- Passionate about Womenswear design and development