Category Manager, HODINKEE Shop
HODINKEE is the foremost destination for all things in the world of horology, making watches and information about them accessible to all. Now is an exciting time to join our growing team of creative professionals who are passionate about collaborating on unique projects and providing an outstanding experience for an avid community of watch enthusiasts. Our team consists of editors, designers, engineers, customer experience specialists, operational wizards, and so many other key players who have helped cement HODINKEE’s position as the most trusted source for watch news and products.
Over the past decade, founder Ben Clymer and team have grown HODINKEE into a robust media and retail platform by providing its respected point of view on industry news and releases, investing in engaging and creative storytelling, producing a designated podcast, printing a bi-annual publication and launching and growing its own retail outlet, HODINKEE Shop. At its core, HODINKEE’s goal is to bring its readers and consumers the best in wristwatches in a way that is approachable, authentic, and honest.
HODINKEE is looking for a Category Manager for the Modern Watches and Accessories categories.
What You Will Do
- Create monthly and seasonal product assortments by connecting the product team’s visual strategy with our planning team’s inventory needs and using data to balance newness with core replenishment, all while maintaining our brand and product integrity
- Develop, execute, and communicate financial merchandise plans and strategies to support company merchandising, marketing and financial objectives
- Define ideal inventory targets to sustain sales and maximize product availability for clients, while minimizing stock
- Continually research and explore new trends in marketplace and category, monitor industry trends, and evaluate competition
- Manage SKU lifecycle from adoption to delete
- Assists in setting up all new product details and responsible for managing all categories new product workbooks.
- Collaborate with the Shop and Marketing teams to ensure new product launches are properly setup in our e-commerce back-end.
- Maintain site assortment and communicate when SKUs need to be taken down due to inventory constraints.
- Communicate financial results, forecasts, and action plans to management and cross-functional team on a weekly basis
- Develop annual projections for core product lines to relay to vendors
Who You Are
- 4-6 years of buying and/or planning experience for a multi-brand retailer
- Experience developing private label or exclusive product
- Successful track record of driving high volume business growth and bottom line results
- Experience working with luxury goods such as watches, jewelry, fine art, and/or leather goods
- Experience with Shopify and NetSuite a plus
- Knowledge of wristwatches (both vintage and modern) a plus
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility on the job and work in a fast-paced environment
- Candidates must possess authorization to work in the U.S.
HODINKEE is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life.