Accounts Payable Clerk
As the Accounts Payable Clerk, you will be responsible for you will be responsible for the full accounts payable cycle. While maintaining the daily on-going A/P files, verifying invoices and communicating effectively with all departments.
Some of what you’ll do:
- Responsible of the full accounts payable cycle
- Process accounts payable ensuring that all invoices are entered accurately, in the correct G/L account and paid on a timely basis including credit cards.
- Maintain a daily on-going file of payables invoices sorted by vendor.
- Verify invoices for accuracy i.e. quantities of items received match the amounts billed, vendor’s prices agree to purchase order, and etc.
- Track PO quantities to multiple receipts ensuring total receipts match purchase order quantities
- Return incorrect invoices to vendors for corrections. Forward invoices not properly matched to pertinent company personnel for follow up & approval.
- Prepare payables accrual
- Reconciliation of GL accounts and vendor statements
- Support Year-end preparation of audit file
Some of what you’ll need:
- Experience in a similar role
- Experience with service/overhead payables
- Excellent Excel skills
- Fluent in English (Knowledge of French and/or Italian is an asset)
- Very organized and detail oriented
- Strong people skills
- Experience with Momentis and Great Plains is an asset
- Distribution experience is an asset