Head of PR and Communications
At Vestiaire Collective, we are committed to delivering the best experience for our loyal community of buyers and sellers. We are growing our team and our business into a global brand and the leaders in circularity in fashion. We want everyone we work with to be change-makers, to think differently, and to innovate without compromise.
Vestiaire Collective is looking for a Head of PR and Communications.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Global Marketing, as the Head of PR & Communications, you will be responsible for setting up the PR vision and strategy across markets. You will be in charge of establishing and maintaining relationships with consumer, community, and trade groups by delivering press releases and other media communications, responding to requests for information and press conferences.
What you’ll be doing
PR and media strategy
- Build up and implement a long term external PR & communications strategy globally across the corporate, consumer and trade angles that is aligned with global and regional strategies
- Create and manage the PR & Communications calendar in line with the global marketing calendar, helping to ensure timely execution of all activities
- Create the platform PR strategy with main messages and key talking points - ensure all stakeholders embrace these key talking points
- Corporate communications: lead and execute all global communications activities, including executive profiling and corporate storytelling.
- Consumer communications: lead and execute consumer PR campaigns, pitching community stories across the market
- Trade communications: build Vestiaire Collective profile as a leading second-hand fashion resale platform to brand and marketing trade audiences
- Oversee the delivery of written and visual PR content: press releases, statements, video and infographics
- Executive communications : manage co-founders, CEO, C-level and executives external presentation and speaking opportunities: management and preparation for media appearances, media interviews, conferences, etc.
Reputation and crisis management
- Anticipate any reputation issues for the brand within the PR environment
- Be a core stakeholder of the crisis management cell to handle all external communications to minimize impact on the brand reputation and image
Media ecosystem innovation
- Seek for brand new media PR platforms and partners to collaborate with, responding to our younger and millennial and gen-z target audience
- Work proactively to identify opportunities and secure positive coverage through features, new stories and product placement across all target media.
- Stay up to date with PR, fashion & industry trends and best practices
KPIs, reporting and data research
- Oversee the delivery of qualitative PR coverage to drive SEO traffic
- Measure and produce reports on PR KPIs and each PR campaigns: monitor key PR KPIs: SEO score, SEO links
- Deep understanding of consumer marketing, you will work closely with the Head of Brand and Consumer Insights manager
- Constantly research and compile key PR data related to our company’s pillars to support external communications
- Lead the global PR team and collaborate closely with local PR talents to ensure PR strategy consistency across markets
- Inspire and engage local PR teams, develop specific support tools and document to allow a successful local PR activation
- Collaborate closely with SEO team to maximize link building opportunities
- Collaborate closely with the Employee Engagement team in charge of all internal communications
- External resource management - event agencies, artists and celebrities
Who you are
- 8+ years relevant communications experience in both Corporate and Consumer PR and communications, in/for consumer facing brands in the fashion, resale or tech industry.
- Ready to disrupt the way we do PR : the way we talk to people (emojis, gifs, stickers, and hashtags), the way we use channels (social media, mobile apps, native advertising) and the way content is generated and distributed (big data analysis of consumer behavior and interests, content marketing automation)
- Excellent writing, editing, speaking/presentation skills, and a passion for PR storytelling
- Proven ability to develop and execute strategic PR campaigns that supports the business goals
- Collaborative individual who enjoys partnering closely across teams and departments to create and distribute the most impactful communications possible
- Strong project management and agency management skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Fluent in English, French is a plus.
What we offer
- An exciting job on a permanent contract in office in Paris where you will be able to express your creativity and potential
- The possibility to work with a dynamic and multidisciplinary team
- Attractive salary and bonus scheme
- And…If you move to Paris for us, we will take care of your relocation!
If you are ready to join our fast-paced company, apply below! Our team will review your application within the following 4 weeks. If your profile and experience fit our requirements, we will invite you for a first phone call.
About Vestiaire Collective
It all comes down to one important question: Why should so many great fashion items remain unworn in people’s wardrobes?
Vestiaire Collective is a global platform that connects millions of buyers and sellers of desirable pre-loved fashion. We are global: our headquarters are in Paris and we have satellite offices in New York City, Tourcoing, Berlin and Hong Kong.
Vestiaire Collective is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to develop an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our fashion activist community.