As the Treasury Analyst you will support Moose Knuckles’ retail stores and eCommerce operations to ensure that receipts transacted are balanced and reconciled each day to the bank accounts; charge backs are reconciled and followed up with banking institutions and payment providers to ensure the accuracy and completeness of sales postings; ensure completeness of all payment tenders are received and balance with all sales postings. Collaborate with the inventory control team on all inventory matters as they relate to DTC inventory and transactions. Monitor, develop and improve the internal control environment around store, eCommerce and head office cash procedures.
Some of What You’ll do:
- Review the daily cash application and balancing to sales, including reviewing all GL sales postings.
- Act as a key liaison between retail stores, eCommerce, and finance to ensure resolution of all related issues.
- Analyze cash management operations and identify and recommend areas for improvement.
- Monitor all outstanding cash, credit card receipts and chargebacks at month end to ensure adequate accruals and posting to the GL.
- Act as a main liaison between Moose Knuckles and third parties, including banks and payment processors.
- Update and review charge back aging analysis and follow up with financial institutions to resolve outstanding issues.
- Coordinate between Canada, US and other regions on cash and sales audit procedures for best in practice process improvements.
- Monitor, track and investigate charge backs and resolve any tax issues with respect to chargebacks, including the submission to various banks and online sites.
- Monitor and follow up with retails stores and IT to resolve any outstanding issues with posting.
- Ensure effective internal controls over financial reporting are in place and assists with testing of controls.
- Assist with internal and external audits and external party examination requirements related to DTC cash and banking.
- Ensure correct coding and approval for all DTC posted transactions.
- Ensure timely completion of financial accruals, GL postings and monthly reconciliations.
- Assist in the monthly / quarterly, year-end closing process.
- Review retail and eCommerce transaction reports, including the recording and reporting of taxes, returns, pricing, customer activity, and compliance with head office policies.
- Prepare documents and reports to ensure that the company meets all regulatory compliance and accounting guidelines through its processes, policies and standards.
- Prepare documents for bank account opening / closing, credit card application / cancellation / credit limit change, authorization adding / change / removal
Prepare daily cash position report comprising of the estimation and analysis of cash receipts and disbursements
Settle inter-company receivables and payments
Some of what you’ll need:
- University degree in Business/Accounting
- 3-5+ years of accounting or sales audit experience and working within a retail environment.
- Completion, or enrollment in the CPA program, and / or other advanced university degree or equivalent designation.
- Strong internal controls compliance skills.
- Strong knowledge of sales/revenue accounting and corresponding reconciliations
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to analyze and present numerical data in tables, spreadsheets and forms.
- Ability to multitask and work on several priorities at the same time.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point)
- Experience with Great Plains and Momentis an asset
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures