Senior Data Analyst
The Business of Fashion is seeking a talented Senior Data Analyst to drive our fast growing B2B and B2C subscription business as a founder member of our new, centralised Data Team.
We have always had a data-centric approach at BoF. Our teams know that data is crucial to growing every part of our business and providing value to our community - from our paying BoF Professional members, to clients hoping to connect with incredible talent, to those starting out in their careers needing advice.
With your technical ability to provide access to accurate data and your experience of driving adoption of a data-first approach, you will help BoF scale up our data capabilities and leverage the insights to create better products and services, make more informed strategic decisions to provide value for our community and, in return, growth for our business.
What We Need You To Do
As a founder member of our Data Team, alongside Data Engineers and a Product Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the evolution of our data platform (we have a Snowplow Analytics, Snowflake, DBT, Looker technology stack) and for arming our business teams with new data and more sophisticated ways to interrogate it in order to learn and apply insight effectively.
By supporting us in establishing repeatable and sustainable analytics processes, you will ensure the business is efficient in their use of data.
Through collaboration, education and coaching, you will empower BoF teams with the data they need and a data-centric approach to harness the power of it continuously going forward.
To be successful in this role, you will:
Get Data in Shape
- Prepare, clean and analyse large sets of digital data to uncover audience trends and behaviours and business performance insights
- Collaborate with a Product Manager to pipeline new or evolution of current data sets into usable data models
- Champion accuracy and ensure solutions meet the required level of quality alongside our QA team
Be Our Data Guardian
- Ensure the integrity and cleanliness of our data
- Data models are established and maintained
- Metrics are defined and used consistently across the business
- Support the business with correct interpretation and safe orchestration of actions
Use Data Strategically
- Identify questions we should be asking to harvest important insight
- Build stories from data that provide crucial insight to inform business decisions and present in an engaging way
Establish Analytics Best Practice
- Define and lead adoption of repeatable, sustainable processes, including but not limited to:
- Pipelining and prioritising requests
- Quality assurance practices
- Communication norms to ensure buy-in to proposed projects and feedback loops to stakeholders
Lead Adoption of Data-Centric Approach
- Ensure ubiquitous access to accurate data: own the design and maintenance of our analytics suite
- Champion data literacy: Onboard BoF team members to our data capabilities, definitions and procedures
- Coach a data-first approach: Train & support BoF team members in their use of our tools
Who You Are
You are at a stage in your career where you are self-sufficient and have refined your own views on the optimum Analytics approach and process, and are looking forward to taking the lead to unveil the power of data to transform a business.
You are strategic and enjoy proactively finding opportunities for the business to consider.
You are naturally collaborative and enjoy working alongside colleagues from multiple business functions (Marketing, Product, Editorial, Senior Leadership etc.) to drive insights behind business decisions.
- You understand the different dimensions of data required to inform business decisions (from KPI reporting, to funnels, to user segmentation, to attribution and so on)
- You have experience working with Looker - creating Models, Looks and Dashboards; or similar experience with a BI tool like Tableau, PowerBI, Qlikview, Chartio, etc.
- High SQL proficiency, and good knowledge of data flows and structures
- Ability to explain analysis clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Independently manage projects end-to-end, ensuring stakeholders are kept informed
It won’t be necessary that you have a working knowledge of Python or R, or experience using DBT (Data Build Tool), but if you do have either, this will be a bonus.
You’ll Know You’re Successful When…
You and your colleagues, Product Managers and Data Engineers are working well together, having defined and adopted new best-practice ways of working.
The Business of Fashion business teams are gleaning actionable insights every day from our data.
You are the person the business teams come to if they need insight, you can help them answer the question that starts with “Do we have data that can tell me.” — and then you suggest a better question to ask.