Sr. Accounting Manager
POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT
The Sr. Accounting Manager is responsible for managing centralized accounting processes and systems and ensuring the accurate consolidation, analysis and reporting of financial data, adhering to policy and procedures and implement best practices. This role requires an experienced, collaborative accounting professional with strong leadership and people management skills. The Sr. Accounting Manager must be able to think strategically as well as ensure efficient and effective day-to-day operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees key processes surrounding treasury, debt, intercompany transactions and consolidation.
- Responsible for the North American general ledger. Prepare and review GL account reconciliations and perform variance analyses
- Preparation of financial reports to provide corporate management with pertinent information and analysis on the operating results of the business units.
- Generate monthly reporting packages for investor and banking groups.
- Partner with Finance team on actual and forecast analysis
- Supervise and manage the performance of the corporate accounting team in financial reporting, accounting and internal controls.
- Develop solid relationships with cross functional business areas
- Identify and implement opportunities to promote streamlined processes, financial systems, operational efficiencies and enhanced internal controls.
- Manage audit processes, working with the external public accounting firm for the planning, coordination, and conduct of reviews and audits.
- Assist with the international offices’ local audits and preparation of the annual corporate tax returns.
- Lead the accounting team in ensuring consistent implementation of corporate accounting principles and procedures in full compliance with GAAP and IFRS as well as investor reporting requirements.
- Research technical accounting issues to ensure appropriate accounting treatment. Understand, implement, and monitor pending new accounting proposals, and communicate their timing and potential effects.
- Ensure that internal and external accounting and financial reporting is delivered in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and applicable guidance.
- Exhibit flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities and assignments as they are identified and to assist with various ad hoc projects as needed.
- Complete ad hoc analyses and projects, as requested
- High proficiency in Excel (Pivot tables, V Lookups)
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to effectively present information
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports, as well as write reports and business correspondence
- Ability to apply, analyze, interpret and record business transactions according to generally accepted accounting principles
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment with a commitment to the pursuit of quality work
- Self-motivated, hands on, detail oriented with the ability to take the initiative, multi-task and remain flexible with changing priorities. Ability to adapt to rapid change and think creatively.
- Skilled leader who effectively leads his/her group by clearly communicating expectations, following through on deliverables and providing input and direction to ensure the accurate and timely development and communication of financial data.
- Demonstrated skills in supervising, coaching staff, and creating high performing teams, and experience managing a diverse international team is an asset.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual need in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- 6-8 years of experience in General Accounting or similar; 3+ years in a managerial role
- CPA / public accounting experience is required
- Retail experience required
- Mandarin Chinese Professional Proficiency preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Standing, walking and squatting less than fifty percent of the work shift
- Required to lift, move and carry up to 20 pounds
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation and reports
- Must be able to see, hear and speak in order to communicate with employees and other customers
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Manual dexterity required using hands to finger; handle, feel and type; reach with hands and arms