Product Designer & Production Coordinator
This is an exciting and unique opportunity for someone to join the Goodhood team in launching their first in-house line of products in a combined design and production role. We are looking for someone who is directional enough to join the Goodhood creative team and work directly with the owners of Goodhood, experienced enough to manage the design, development and production process seamlessly, proactive and organised enough to work autonomously to consistently deliver quality product, and driven and hardworking enough to contribute to our highly skilled team.
The Ideal Candidate
- 5 years + experience in a similar role.
- Experience and demonstrable knowledge of both the design and production processes of creating product.
- A proactive and hardworking attitude. Able to work autonomously, under pressure, and be a good problem solver within a creative, spontaneous and reactive environment.
- Experience working in the high-end sector clothing within the UK and Europe.
- Good supplier and production contacts essential in order to facilitate the set-up of the in-house brand across womenswear, menswear and homeware.
- Exceptional taste and creativity levels.
- Highly knowledgeable of the genre of clothing we covet, the culture that surrounds this and the marketplace we operate in.
- Naturally able to hand draw well
- Able to design men’s and women’s garments
- Experience or Interest in the design of lifestyle accessories and homeware.
- Excellent Technical understanding of garment construction and patterns.
- Highly organised with previous experience of critical path management and meticulous attention to detail.
- Good team player, able to work professionally and respectfully with other members of staff.
- Willingness to travel when required.
- Knowledge of drawing software - Adobe Illustrator or similar.
- Knowledge of production software
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
Role and Responsibilities
- Work with the creative designers and owners of Goodhood at creative sessions and inspiration work.
- Facilitate research and development of inspiration and ideas – design, fit, fabric, colour, print, Graphics etc.
- Produce high quality design ideas and sketches for review and discussion with the CDs.
- Produce technical specification drawings in a digital format
- Participate in fit sessions with production manager, being highly focused on fit.
- Create tech packs with production manager specifying all trims, fabrication etc.
- Responsible for ensuring all collection overviews are updated so communication on the collection is clear to all other departments.
- Participate in the inspiration, idea development and organisation of shoots and presentations of the collection
- Establish effective working relationships with freelance and in-house designers.
- Conducts and/or participates in weekly team meetings to ensure teams are aligned and makes sure to address issues on time
- Is the key point of contact with manufacturers and suppliers and follows all sourcing and ordering and production information and makes sure all info is kept up to date
- Orders accessories and parts
- Supports developers and factories by monitoring the status of incoming materials - both in the case of samples and final production items
- Ensures that production capacity and availability is managed at partner factories
- Works closely with Designer and Creative Director to get approval on the incoming materials and accessories required for products and follows up with suppliers in case of complaints or issues
- Assists in finding suitable manufacturers for the product line based on the plans and concepts of the Designer
- Prepares all materials and accessories required for production and ensures timely delivery and shipment to manufacturers from the warehouse
- Responsible for creation of tech packs for each style, ensuring accuracy in information throughout the process and defining factory allocation for each range.
- Prepares all documentation necessary for the shipment of materials and final products
- Responsible for comments on the various development samples throughout proto, pre-production and production stages - making sure all relevant stakeholders are kept in the loop
- Oversee and organise production and fit sessions and take comments, provide proactive and focused input to ensure further production processes run smoothly Managing workload and deadlines for freelance pattern cutters, planning meetings for pattern hand over and fittings.
- Managing fit model bookings for entire collection and keeping track of fitting model budget
- Owns and documents sample orders and is able to report on their status at any given time
- Prepares cost sheets and updates them regularly
- Coordinate with internal departments such as Merchandising, Marketing and PR
Please apply with your CV and covering note via Business of Fashion. Due to high volume of applicants we receive, we will only be in touch if you have been successful to the interview stage.