Senior AWS Security Engineer
At rewardStyle, security and customer trust are paramount. Security’s primary focus is ensuring our systems and data are secured and effectively monitored for any signs of compromise.
As a Cloud Security Engineer, you'll work closely with various teams such as DevOps, Engineering, and Product teams. You’ll ensure security requirements are met, improved, and deployed where prudent
rewardStyle's Engineering team is made up of talented software developers and customer-focused individuals who are passionate about tackling complex and interesting problems at a large scale and continuously delivering innovative products and features. Today, #rStheFamily has 250+ team members working from rewardStyle offices in Dallas, London, New York, Shanghai, São Paulo, Los Angeles, and Berlin.
Title: Sr. AWS Security Engineer
Location: Dallas, Texas
(Location During COVID: Fully remote until further notice)
Reports to: CISO
Job Purpose: rewardStyle DevSecOps Team will be composed of security experts that adhere to the principles of DevSecOps. RewardStyle DevSecOps team will deliver a range of services including security engineering, architecture, automation, configuration management, monitoring and alerting, enterprise infrastructure administration.
- Own and lead infrastructure security monitoring and detection and response for rewardStyle, ensuring the infrastructure is appropriately designed and configured to monitor and alert for suspicious activity, particularly as new products/features are designed and released
- Partner hand-in-hand with our Infrastructure/DevOps team to build the deployment guardrails; in order to gain high assurance on the assets living in our cloud.
- Create design patterns for effective logging & monitoring, alert detection, and automated incident response
- Proactively performing security assessments to prevent security vulnerabilities
- Actively participate in the overall strategic planning of the Security team to identify and implement modern and effective security architectures, standards, and related tools & technologies
- Experience working in a DevSecOps environment, and familiarity with source code control and CI/CD pipelines and related systems
- Collection, management, and analysis of performance data
- Foster a strong team culture by mentoring junior security engineers
- Be a security thought leader for the organization
- Conducting security-focused training and hackathons to raise developer awareness of security best practice
- Minimum 5+ years of experience design or building cybersecurity infrastructure services in AWS Cloud., e.g. vulnerability management, incident response, data protection, SIEM, etc.
- Minimum 3+ years of progressive experience within a software security team or similar operating environment with an in-depth understanding of application security assessment methodologies
- Excellent skills effectively articulating security requirements, both in highly technical terms and in business terms, using a balanced risk approach
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Ability to both work closely with software developers and management teams
- Openness to share knowledge and teach others the DevSecOps philosophy
- Strong background in ECS, Lamda, Cloudformation
- Experience with Version Control systems - Git.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Hands-on experience working with services and tools such as IAM, SecurityHub, GuardDuty, Inspector CloudTrail, CloudWatch, Shield, WAF, KMS, ACM, Secrets Manager, Lambda, CloudWatch, PagerDuty, Slack, CloudCustodian
- Familiarity with DevOps, CI/CD, and agile methodology.
- Experience with JSON, YAML, CloudFormation a plus
- Will collaborate with various teams to assess threats, develop appropriate countermeasures, and in the event of unauthorized activity respond to it.
- Define and develop preventive guardrails, detective controls, and automated alerts and remediation to ensure IAM implementation in all cloud environments are compliant with rS’ cloud security standards and policies.
- Experience with integrating static and dynamic scanners in the S-SDLC
- Automates every day and/or repeatable tasks, including security control enforcement
Technical / Educational Requirements:
- We value experience over a degree
- AWS certifications a plus
- CISSP, OSCP, GIAC, and or AWS Certified Security Specialty a plus
Additional Desired Skills:
- Hands-on knowledge of information security technologies such as security design review, threat modeling, secure code review, risk analysis, and penetration testing
- Experience with multiple programming languages (such as Java, Go, Python, Bash, etc.)
- Experience in driving large, cross-organization initiatives
- Strong information security risk-based prioritization abilities
- Experience with mobile application security a plus
- Knowledge of NIST, ISO 27001, and or GDPR/CCPA
- Strong understanding of the OWASP Top 10 rules and MITRE ATT@CK Framework
- Excellent written communication skills, with a focus on translating technically complex issues into simple, easy to understand concepts
What's in it for you?
- Interesting problems to solve
- Competitive comp and benefits including 401K
- Flexible work schedule plus Summer Fridays (Workday ends at 3 pm)
- Disrupting the retail industry!
- Work and workout from home with our live Virtual Fitness Classes!
- Virtual Company Happy Hours and Virtual Team Events!
COVID Working Status: The health and safety of our employees remain the number one priority at rewardStyle during COVID-19. In an effort to keep our employees and their families safe during this time, we have temporarily closed our brick and mortar offices to all employees. The entire company is working remotely until further notice.
What you have to look forward to when we are back in the office!
- Fully stocked bars and a kitchen (free snacks all day!)
- Catered meals weekly
- Monthly Chair massages
- Laidback office environment
- Monthly themed Happy Hours!
- Free access to state of the art gym in our Dallas HQ
- Free Covered Parking on-site at our Dallas HQ
We are not offering sponsorships opportunities at this time for persons requiring new employment visas, such as a new H-1B filing; authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of rewardStyle are considered property of rewardStyle and are not subject to payment of agency fees.