In this newly created position as Sustainability Analyst, reporting to the Vice President of Sustainability, you will have the opportunity to use a variety of research methods to analyze and provide recommendations for the corporate sustainability projects and program. Liaising with several internal and external groups, you will contribute to the mission and vision of making Moose Knuckles a global leader in sustainability and “Giving a F*ck”!
Some of What You’ll do:
- Identify sustainability/ESG issues internally, within the apparel industry in order to present possible solutions in relation to apparel, textiles, and fibres.
- Analyze data to support the building of baseline conditions, impact monitoring, and reporting. Data for analysis include, but are not limited to: carbon emissions, fibre uptake and use, and supply chain mapping and data.
- Support internal teams to deliver sustainability programs administratively and technically.
- Lead the development and maintenance of replicable and scalable tools for sustainability, including a roster of monitoring (such as BlueSign, WRAP, SEDEX) and reporting (such as GRI, SASB) tools.
- Represent Moose Knuckles at external events and organizations such as the TextileExchange, the Sustainable Apparel Coalition, and ZDHC.
- Organize and manage projects, and relationships with consultants, such as GHG inventory, and Diversity & Inclusion training.
Some of What You’ll Need:
- Passion for sustainability, with an interest in the apparel industry.
- At least two years’ experience in either sustainability, fashion, or a related field.
- Exceptional skills in data crunching, management, and MS Excel.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English, French an asset.
- Excellent organizational skills, including time management, prioritization, file logic and storage, and group/team management.
- Comfort with the language and concepts of science, business, policy, and advocacy.
- Database management a plus.
- Powers of persuasion, diplomacy, and effective delegation highly desirable.
- Deep knowledge in one or more sub-disciplines of sustainability, such as; global warming, social justice, ocean plastics, air pollution, or social impacts and equity will be an asset.