Founded in 1970, Jigsaw was the first premium fashion brand on the high street. Since then, the company has expanded worldwide to work with the finest mills, cutting edge photographers, up-and-coming models, and renowned architects. But the search for the best in the industry never stops. As our journey continues, we're looking for passionate and talented people to learn about Style & Truth: a set of values that sets us apart from the rest of the high street, a belief that everyone should feel empowered to embrace their own style, be true to themselves, and not slavishly follow the fashion world. This means putting style before trends and truth before hype. Join the Jigsaw journey.
JOB TITLE: Art Director
REPORTS TO: Head of Brand Marketing and Communications
- Work closely with the Head of Marketing to develop an excellent understanding of and help execute the Jigsaw brand development and multichannel marketing concepts; Able to translate a large branding idea to multiple touch points in all channels, ensuring all designs meet an elevated, premium aesthetic and that brand filters are consistently applied with a common language across all channels.
- Following the direction set by the Creative Director, the Art Director will oversee all graphic design, curation of photographic assets and development, implementation and guardianship of the brand identity across Website, Email, Media, Social, Catalogue, DM's, Print Ads, Editorial and misc. other designs, as well as physical product such a packaging and in store display.
- Manage a direct team of 2 junior designers, leading, mentoring and taking accountability for their daily output in generating layouts, artwork, and graphics. Own design skills are outstanding, with the ability to guide, evaluate, and if necessary, redirect creative development; happy to get involved with hands–on design.
- A visual storyteller with a high taste level and deep expertise in bringing a brand and product story to life through compelling, contemporary design.
- A deep understanding of visual language, Art Direction and Photography; envisioning how an idea will come to life in photography, video and graphic layouts.
- An expert knowledge of – fashion, culture, audience insights and trends, with the ability to apply this insight to the Jigsaw brand guidelines. Excellent knowledge of photographers, illustrators, animators, DPs and creative talent across the industry to help curate the Jigsaw brand visual language.
- Constantly curate, oversee and take ownership of the bank of visual assets in the business, ensuring the best images and videos are used consistently across all channels from social media to ecommerce, direct mails etc.
- Confidently and clearly present variety and choice of creative concepts, for approval by the Creative Director and input into the brief through expanding mood boards, exploring concepts, brainstorming and pitching ideas. Encourage innovative thinking and new approaches. Passionate about the work and strive to elevate the brief, in order to create world class creative.
- Art direct and oversee still life and video shoots, ensuring our visuals are on–brand, diverse, contemporary and desirable. Lead day-to-day activities in the studio; visual design, and styling to create and direct inspiring content.
- Broad experience required in developing creative solutions in a variety of mediums. Proven knowledge across both print and digital design with an intimate understanding of design, copy and web best practices/guidelines.
- Strong design and typographic sense and a thorough knowledge of graphic design, motion graphics, branding/marketing and production.
- A commercial sensibility with a strategic mind–set and understanding of forward planning and creative solutions.
- Raise any (potential) issues and navigate through roadblocks and unexpected problems to ensure success; be solutions-oriented and a creative problem solver.
- Measure a project's success beyond delivery; proactively seek out feedback and results. Understand and respond to performance data and translate data to influence future creative work.
- Deliver to high standards and demanding timelines, consistently excellent creative work, with an eye for detail. Balance competing priorities and multiple projects, while meeting strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborate with cross functional Design, Merchant and Marketing teams to translate product and creative concepts into clear, executable messages for online, ecommerce content, advertising & social communications.
- Update Creative Director as projects progress to make sure work is on-brand. Review work with Marketing teams/key stakeholders and provide clear and constructive direction and feedback.
- Partner with Brand Marketing Manager to ensure adequate resource and time to manage and deliver creative work. Share knowledge and best practices across the teams.
- Partner with the Brand Marketing Manager to work with external Photographers, Set Designers, Stylists and other creatives to create engaging assets which inspire and engage the Jigsaw customer.
- Create look books, catalogues and seasonal brand campaigns working with world-class external creative partners.
- Work together with Visual Merchandising to decide appropriate props and/or other design elements to use on set that are on brand.
- Continually look to develop internal processes to drive efficiencies within cross functional teams and our ways of working.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- A passionate and energetic design professional with a minimum of 6 years’ experience, with 2 years working as an Art Director in-house for a premium fashion brand or for a Creative Agency servicing fashion brands. Proven track record of successfully building globally recognized brand(s).
- A degree in a creative field such as graphic/digital design, fine arts, visual communication, art direction.
- Hands-on; expert competency with Adobe Creative programs, with a focus on InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch-up for designing 3-D environments, as well as Keynote for presentations. Proficiency in Lightroom / CaptureOne.
- Strong interest in and understanding of sustainability industry developments.
- Enthusiastic and immersed in style and contemporary culture, you embody the values of the brand.
- Managerial skill – ability to guide junior creatives and occasional freelancers. Experienced in commissioning Photographers, Artists and other external creatives and being able to direct them in order to realise the creative vision.
- Positive; bringing a positive nurturing energy to the team, keeping work standards high, encouraging creative collaborative work whilst accepting responsibility for the final outcome.
- A problem solver who thrives in a fast–paced and changing environment.
- Highly motivated 'do–er' with strong sense of collaboration, ownership, urgency and drive.
- Experience of working on set and on location in the UK and overseas and be flexible to international travel if required.