Head of Global Sourcing and Product Development
Founded in 1970, Jigsaw was the first premium fashion brand on the high street. Since then, the company has expanded worldwide to work with the finest mills, cutting edge photographers, up-and-coming models, and renowned architects. But the search for the best in the industry never stops. As our journey continues, we're looking for passionate and talented people to learn about Style & Truth: a set of values that sets us apart from the rest of the high street, a belief that everyone should feel empowered to embrace their own style, be true to themselves, and not slavishly follow the fashion world. This means putting style before trends and truth before hype. Join the Jigsaw journey.
Jigsaw are seeking a dynamic Head of Global Sourcing and Technical Production. The role will report to the Creative Director and is instrumental in developing and driving the Jigsaw Product Development, Technical Production & Sourcing.
These teams work together in close daily collaboration creating original, high-end quality products for our UK customer base. The Head of Global Sourcing & Technical Production is responsible for the end to end supplier management, production, and product development process, from concept through to the final product in stores, taking accountability for the critical path and product lifecycle.
You will have proven experience in development, sourcing and production gained from other retail/fashion businesses. You would have established close relationships with global suppliers, discussing development and production planning. You can demonstrate how you have driven efficiency improvement by analysing processes and best practices, pursuing effective structures and ways of working, and working with cross -functional teams to capture opportunities, align processes, and create synergies to drive profit. You will also have strong expertise in commercial garment construction & production, and price negotiations whilst delivering sustainable products against the Company’s Corporate Social Responsibility:
We are looking for an inspirational leader with excellent interpersonal and communication skills who installs drive, creativity, and enthusiasm with your teams. You will provide long-term direction and structure whilst encouraging agile thinking empowering your teams to bring forward progressive ideas and gives decision making autonomy. You will ensure a strategic vision is implemented by providing high-level guidance to your teams through highlighting areas of attention and KPIs.
JOB TITLE: Head of Global Sourcing and Product Development
REPORTS TO: Creative Director
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reports into Creative Director
- Oversees the Technical/Atelier department and Fabric department as well as Global sourcing
- Ensure strategic vision is implemented by providing high-level guidance to teams through highlighting areas of attention and KPIs
- Manage implementation of Sourcing Strategy in day-to-day operations (e.g. via onboarding new suppliers and providing strategy-guidelines)
- CP responsibilities- setting it up each season and adding sign off dates into the team’s calendars
- Financial and vendor management of weekly payments for all product departments
- Negotiation of payment terms
- Responsible for taking the Sourcing Strategy / supplier-category relationship forward via e.g. capacity planning/allocation (identifying growth opportunities for suppliers, new factory opportunities, duty-free advantages, etc.) and supplier performance analysis/management
- Oversee Fabric and Trim department and ensure correct flow of sampling fabric across CMT and vertical vendors and manage associated budgets
- Forward planning and ensuring the business is future fit in respect of identifying opportunities with technological and sustainable developments in raw materials and supply
- Ensure quality of product and achievement of (margin) targets throughout the product development process (i.e. from the initial design stage to bulk delivery), by collaborating closely with global suppliers and guiding the Product Development team
- Responsible for achieving product-category specific KPIs (e.g. margins and on-time delivery)
- Carry responsibility for certain P&L items (e.g. budget planning, travel, headcount, cost savings initiatives), under the guidance of the FD
- Maintain close relationships with global suppliers, discussing development and production planning and managing escalation of pressing issues including payment and delivery schedules
- Conduct post-season evaluation with vendors, assessing the season and possible improvements, and evaluate vendor performance
- Produce seasonal production wrap reports showing margin and volumes by supplier
- Drive efficiency improvement by analysing processes and best practices, pursuing effective structures and ways of working, and working with cross-functional teams (e.g. Merchandising and Planning) to capture opportunities, align processes, and create synergies to drive profit
- Ad Hoc budget/financial planning/stock phasing meetings- plays into supplier payment management
- Writing copy where needed for the Web and Marketing teams, with the help of Design
- Adding to the VM seasonal guidelines in terms of product information
- Responsible for engaging in processes / approving actions impacting corresponding divisions significantly (e.g. recruitment of senior staff members and authorising sizable invoices)
- Manage the learning and development of (multi-divisional) Product Development team(s)
- Provide (ad hoc) analyses and reporting for presentations to management and key stakeholders
- TK Maxx – Kew 159 relationship (meetings, liaison with them whilst they develop new KEW 159 collections)
- Presentations to external parties in conjunction with Merchandising and/or Design teams (JL, Harvey Nicks at HQ and in stores/concessions)
- Provide ‘scripts’ for qualitative customer research; curate and provide questions/touch points for the customer team to discuss in their research sessions.
TECHNICAL AND ATELIER
- Oversee the Garment Tech team and Atelier function, ensuring the work flow is optimised.
- Fittings are prioritised to achieve the best delivery dates
- Ensure the balanced allocation of patterns developed in house and with suppliers using Jigsaw blocks
- Ensure the library of blocks and base patterns is archived and in order
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Sourcing and delivering sustainable products against corporate requirements
- Establishing and embedding a supplier strategy that ensures high ethical standards in our supply chain including social, environmental and economic impact.
- Ensure Jigsaw can provide full transparency of its first tier providers and be mindful of the ambition to be transparent to a greater depth in our supply chain.
- Ensure a robust monitoring programme of Jigsaw’s suppliers requiring regular audits and activities ‘beyond audit’. Sedex- supplier auditing and amassing of information - on going
- Maintain the compliance programme, managing suppliers on an ongoing basis to remedy any issues identified in audits or other monitoring.
- Research and source innovative and sustainable options for fabric and products as required by the Creative Director
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong grasp of ethical and sustainable sourcing principles.
- Clear understanding of compliance mechanisms including audits and options 'beyond audit’.
- Experience of embedding and upholding high standards of ethical practice across supplier network
- Higher textile education
- Proven experience in development, sourcing and production with a strong technical knowledge
- Proficient in excel with strong numerical skills
- Comfortable working with PLM software systems
- Management Experience
- High Expertise in construction, production and price negotiations
- Excellent time management and very strong organisational skills
- A confident team leader with excellent communication skills
- Ability to adjust to change
- The ability to effectively collaborate with various teams and efficient problem-solving skills
- Tenacious, assertive and determined attitude
- Creative eye and high taste level with an appreciation of high-quality product