Vintage Associate, HODINKEE Shop
HODINKEE is a fast-growing media brand and shop that makes watches accessible to everyone. Over the past decade, founder Ben Clymer has grown HODINKEE into a thriving company of creatives. Our team now consists of writers, editors, designers, photographers, podcasters, engineers, and so many other key players who cement HODINKEE’s position as the most trusted source for watch news and products. We have a website. An app. A podcast. A magazine. A retail business. And more. HODINKEE’s goal is to bring readers and consumers the best in wristwatches in a way that’s approachable, authentic, honest and fun.
HODINKEE is looking for a Vintage Associate to support the Vintage category.
What You'll Do:
The HODINKEE Shop Vintage Associate is responsible for assisting our Vintage Team which includes support for sourcing merchandise, maintaining client relationships, and providing product descriptions for our online listings. The position requires a fundamental understanding of vintage timepieces.
- Assist the buying team with sourcing, vetting, and pricing merchandise ready for sale
- Inspect and prepare watches for photography
- Support copywriting responsibilities for vintage pieces
- Develop and maintain strong vendor and buyer relationships
- Manage vendor/buyer communication through the company’s customer support system
- Register all relevant information for inventory management
- Aptitude to function within deadlines, while working both independently and as part of a team
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure product readiness online
- Facilitate SKUS through the product life cycle by communicating with Creative, Marketing, Fulfillment, Operations, and Customer Experience teams as needed
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Basic knowledge of vintage timepieces is required
- Excellent writing skill and professional experience of copywriting a plus
- Collaborative, consultative style with a strong ability to establish trust and build relationships across all levels and functions of the organization
- Comfortable and effective at developing strong partnerships with internal and external partners
- Experience working with luxury goods such as watches, jewelry, fine art, and/or leather goods
- Experience with Shopify and NetSuite a plus
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility on the job and work in a fast-paced environment
- Candidates must possess authorization to work in the U.S.
HODINKEE is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life.