About Us/Who We Are
Another Tomorrow lives at the intersection of aesthetics and function, technology and purpose, artistry and sustainability. Launched in January 2020, we are an end-to-end sustainable luxury ready-to-wear collection and platform for discovery and action created in response to the values of the curious, compassionate global citizen seeking elevated, thoughtful design, education, and tools for advocacy.
Built on a foundation of community, transparency, and organic scarcity, every decision is guided by a value system based on three pillars – human, animal, and environmental welfare. Empathy for the Earth and its inhabitants is the common thread through transparent supply chains, stringent chemical management and animal welfare standards, living wages, safe working conditions, and full carbon offset program. We are a B Corp certified company and donate a percentage of each sale to our philanthropic partners.
We push the boundaries of what responsibly grown, and ethically manufactured materials can achieve. Sensual and strong, our collection is designed for living.
Available for sale at anothertomorrow.co, MatchesFashion.com and at the Dallas and Napa locations of The Conservatory.
Another Tomorrow is committed to creating an inclusive and representative environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We are currently hiring a part time controller. In this role, you will oversee, and ultimately be accountable for, all financial reporting. You will be responsible for general ledger management including revenue recognition and bill processing, management of accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory, and the resulting Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow monthly and yearly statements. Responsibilities also include sales tax oversight, payroll, and benefits.
This role works closely with the founder and CEO.
This is a part-time, freelance position.
Financial Reporting and Management
- Manage and maintain all accounting operations using QuickBooks Online and its integrations with bill.com, Shopify, bank and credit card accounts
- Ensure proper revenue recognition & accounts receivable recording from 3 Sources of Revenues: DTC (Shopify), Wholesale, and Retail (both Consignment & Direct Selling)
- Maintain accurate reporting and tracking of Expenses & Accounts Payable, including pro forma invoices, international/multi currency purchase orders/expenses, customs and duty charges
- Maintain accurate reporting and tracking of all Raw Material, WIP, and Finished Goods Inventory & COGS utilizing Zedonk Inventory and PLM management
- Maintain oversight of Payroll using justworks.com
- Perform all Bank/Cash & Credit Card Reconciliations
- Prepare and publish all monthly and annual Financial Statements and Financial Reporting
Environmental and Social Responsibility
- Maintain social responsibility classifications of vendor expenses and quarterly reporting of goal achievement.
- Financial reporting of carbon offsets
- Financial reporting of percentage of sales to charity
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum 8-10+ years experience in a similar role for a high-end luxury brand
- Experience in luxury fashion & knowledge of luxury finishings
- Strong organizational and time and action management skills
- Must possess strong planning, cost analysis and margin knowledge
- Must possess strong inventory financial reporting for raw materials, WIP and finished goods.
- Understanding of international business activity including currencies, customs and duties, international freight.
- Experience in a DTC business, preference for experience with Shopify and its array of applications.
- Basic understanding of garment construction and fabrics
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of Zedonk, Bill.com, QuickBooks Online, Avalara, and other back office technology preferred
- Experience in start-up and/or small team environments
- Must be self-motivated and a hands-on team player with a positive attitude
- Must be committed to sustainability and constant improvement
- Must be a critical thinker and have an interest in innovation
Please submit a resume and cover letter.