HODINKEE is a fast-growing media brand and shop that makes watches accessible to everyone. Over the past decade, founder Ben Clymer has grown HODINKEE into a thriving company of creatives. Our team now consists of writers, editors, designers, photographers, podcasters, engineers, and so many other key players who cement HODINKEE’s position as the most trusted source for watch news and products. We have a website. An app. A podcast. A magazine. A retail business. And more. HODINKEE’s goal is to bring readers and consumers the best in wristwatches in a way that’s approachable, authentic, honest and fun.
Fast growing e-commerce and digital media company seeks an experienced, hands-on Controller to oversee and grow the Accounting team. We are looking for a candidate who is eager to lead all aspects of financial reporting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, collections and expense management while always looking ahead in order to proactively aid in sound decision making and strategy.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for the day to day team management and accounting operations
- Oversee monthly financial reporting to key internal and external stakeholders, analyze budget to actual performance, pull out key insights and provide recommendations
- Maintain and manage the chart of accounts, staying flexible with changing business requirement
- Establish and maintain accounting policies, procedures and internal controls to ensure compliance with US GAAP
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal laws regarding finances, tax filings, and reporting
- Serve as the point person for the company's external audit; manage auditor relationship and overall audit readiness
- Track and measure cash management, capital budgeting and debt reporting
- Develop financial modeling, analysis and dashboards for measuring the Company’s financial performance
- Continuously work to streamline and improve accounting processes to drive financial and operational efficiencies, as well as cost savings
- Manage accuracy and effectiveness of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, payroll, fixed asset records, prepaid expenses and accruals process.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Finance, CPA preferred
- 7+ years of Finance and Accounting experience
- Excellent knowledge of accounting procedures in accordance with US GAAP
- Success in building, developing and leading impactful accounting organizations
- Retail experience with physical inventory management and reporting a plus
- Impeccable interpersonal skills with the ability to navigate a highly cross-functional organization and create a culture of collaboration with Accounting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter who is willing to roll up their sleeves when necessary
- Strong time management skills leading to a consistent ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills
- Experience in building small teams and working in a growth business
- Candidates must possess authorization to work in the U.S.
HODINKEE is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life.