Senior Python Developer with Google App Engine Experience
We are looking for an experienced senior Python developer to write and maintain an SAS server API built on the Google Cloud Datastore and Google App Engine, in support of creating an efficient automated processing pipeline for CGI data.
Modern Mirror’s mission consists of the integration of innovative technologies in the fields of 3D body scanning, MOCAP (motion capture), cloth draping and simulation, SaaS inventory management and visualization imagery, in creating an Avant-Garde Fitting System (AFS) for the apparel industry. The AFS will transform the way designers, apparel manufacturers and retailers interact with consumers globally, by capturing consumers’ true images, body measurements and movements. The AFS is designed to eliminate the fitting room process for consumers by virtually displaying how clothing will look, fit and wear on their authentic image and body type. Thus creating a unique shopping experience for physical retailers and a platform for online shopping
- Collaborate and communicate with VP Engineering and development team to determine requirements and formulate development plan, write code to meet the requirements
- Learn domain-specific knowledge from system architects and users and translate into data models and queries
- Manage deployments of new features via Google cloud tools
- Understand application SDKs and develop a set of simple admin clients in both web and standalone/desktop
- Instruct Modern Mirror personnel in maintenance, update, and expansion of resulting system
Qualifications and Requirements
- BA or MS in Computer Science or related field
- 6 – 8 years overall experience as a developer
- 3+ years writing secure backend Python for Google App Engine web apps
- Ability to write & maintain an SAS server API built on the Google Cloud Datastore & Google App Engine
- Data modeling and architecture: experience modeling, maintaining, migrating data models for complex problem domains. Learn the domain knowledge and translate into data models & queries
- Experience developing client GUI’s with Python QT a plus: We will be developing a set of simple admin clients for the API in both web and standalone/desktop via Python QT
- Strong attention to detail, good communication skills, and a proactive nature
- Knowledge of Clo3D
- Experience developing 3D simulation solutions
- Experience developing AR/VR and 3D visualization systems
- Experience working with 3D engines (e.g. Unity)
- Experience using 3D scanning system, MOCAP systems, 3D data processing, 3D modeling software.
Entrance is subject to successful evaluation of candidate(s). Eligible candidates will be contacted for an interview. Modern Mirror may require a satisfactory reference check before employment.