Senior Communications & Community Development Manager
This is a unique dual role of communications and community development reporting directly to the founder and creative director. Your role is to lead and drive communications in Canada and build our online and off-line audience, expand our community and customer base. This is a senior position in a fast-paced startup environment. You will need to be a self-starter with strong initiative, ownership and accountability. You will need to be comfortable getting your hands dirty and be resourceful turning small budgets into highly successful outcomes. You will not have a team or a personal assistant to work for you in the first year. This is an opportunity for a senior professional to get in the ground and build a challenger brand working with the founder. You’ll need to be as hungry and ambitious for growth as we are.
You will have excellent knowledge of digital strategies and a digital-first approach to communications and community development.
We’d love to hear from you if you are looking for an opportunity to work for a brand and company that is challenging the status quo in the fashion world.
This is a full-time role based at our Toronto office.
How you will contribute:
- Responsible for the development and execution of innovative, highly creative and best in class communications strategies for Zvelle in Canada.
- Lead all communication and community development related initiatives in the market, from strategy to development and execution, working closely with the founder to amplify the impact, influence and visibility of brand initiatives and product launches.
- Engage with key stakeholders (i.e. press, key influencers, VIPs) in the market to build brand awareness and desirability, drive traffic and grow business.
- Effectively develop and manage press features and distribution of press kits for the promotion of key PR initiatives (i.e. product launches, events) in alignment with strategic objectives and KPIs.
- Plan and manage all retail marketing, trunk-show and personal shopping activities and events in Canada.
- Your role is to develop and expand our audience both online and off-line, traffic to our website and showroom and expand our customer base.
- Develop new ways to drive traffic to owned content channels and expand our digital audience.
- Drive story ideas and outcomes with different audiences including fashion, consumer and business press. You will develop key relationships with fashion, lifestyle and business press for the brand.
- You will be knowledgeable in building community for brand development and will regularly execute IRL events and activations to engage the community with the brand.
Who you are:
- A self-starter with strong initiative, ownership and accountability. You are comfortable getting your hands dirty and you are resourceful. You can work independently with small budgets to achieve highly successful outcomes.
- A highly experienced and fully rounded expert in Communications/PR/Marketing with experience working for a fashion, lifestyle or consumer facing brand.
- Experienced in launching small to large-scale digital campaigns and media campaigns with an understanding of measuring ROI and customer insights from these campaigns.
- You are passionate about driving stories across different social channels and IRL.
- You will have working knowledge, experience and preferably an existing network within the stylist/celebrity/influencer market.
- Excellent knowledge of media, cultural landscape and societal dynamics in Canada and experience with the media.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and full proficiency in English.
- Generous and passionate team leader with strong personal and organizational skills.
- A passion for being highly engaged in the fashion and lifestyle world and keeping up to date with industry trends so as to come up with new ideas and opportunities for Zvelle.
- You will have 8 years plus professional experience in Communications/Marketing/PR/Sales.
We are Global Citizens enriched by all cultures and connected to all people. Our mission is to inspire women to walk how they want through fashion, storytelling and the products we create. We are globally inspired and committed to building a diverse workforce in every area of our company. We are not the typical fashion or footwear brand. We're walking how we want. We're entrepreneurial and passionate about modernizing the way women and their stories are portrayed though fashion.
We offer endless opportunities to learn and grow. By joining Zvelle you are joining a challenger brand and company that is changing the status quo in the fashion world. We are generous, driven and ambitious about building a global brand that will inspire women to walk how they want. And as for the usual company benefits we have that too including share options.