Director of Merchandising
We are looking for a Director of Merchandising to join our team based in Soho Works White City, London.
As the Director of Merchandising, you will play an integral role in launching a new multi brand online platform and contributing to the overall group strategy as part the management team. You will create the merchandising and people strategy, to maximize growth. Reporting to the MD, you will bring merchandising excellence and strategic thinking, while successfully navigating the ever changing environment of a new business. Flexibility, adaptability and forward thinking skills will be key. We are looking for someone who can create a strong team culture and lead by example.
We are a fashion company, holding responsibility for a large fashion organisations’ own multi-brand website, which will be re-launched in early 2021. As a group, we have also just launched a brand-new sustainable fashion label. Our focus is on the future of fashion as a sustainable and forward-thinking industry, and therefore we want to drive a culture to match this mindset.
- Support and lead strategic initiatives for the business as part of the management team
- Hire and establish the Merchandising/Planning function, incorporating best practices in process, systems, tools and team
- Develop budgets and targets based on financial and long term goals. P&L responsibility
- Drive results against key metrics such as sales, inventory, discount, customer, traffic and profit
- Manage Merchandising/Planning calendar, aligned with key stakeholders
- Build long range category and assortment plans, in collaboration with Buying Director
- Proactively drive trade results – is action and solution oriented to deliver optimal outcome
- Manage and maximize performance marketing, SEO and affiliate sales channels
- Alignment of commercial and customer plans – throughout funnel and CRM (acquisition, retention, re-targeting)
- Focus on the development and management of the team – supporting, coaching and creating an open feedback culture. Leads by example
- 15+ years of Merchandising/Planning experience, ideally within an international e-commerce environment
- Commercially minded with strong merchandising, financial modelling and performance marketing skills
- Extensive knowledge in digital commerce, including commercial, marketing and platform analytics.
- Knowledge and experience in implementing industry best practices and build a winning team
- Success in leading the transformation of a high growth business that includes global expansion
- Solution orientated with an entrepreneurial attitude - thrives in a fast paced and growing business
- Passionate about promoting change for the business
- Effective communicator - ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex messages to a variety of audiences and formats
- Adopts a collaborative way of working, forming strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrates empathy, leads by example and contributes to building a desirable team culture
- Competitive basic salary
- 28 days holiday per year
- Private Health Care
- Online discount across all brands
- Flexi-time Monday – Friday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
We look forward to hearing from you.