DIRECTOR/SR. DIRECTOR OF MARKETING
Alpha Industries is seeking a talented marketing expert that will drive and lead the marketing department. The position will have full responsibility of the brand’s annual and long-term marketing strategy, including planning, budget, calendar and execution. Oversee and manage internal and external teams that are responsible for developing and implementing marketing programs that meet and exceed consumer needs, building Alpha Industries’ brand awareness and market share, ultimately driving consumer engagement, brand growth and revenue goals across key strategic accounts and global markets. The ideal candidate will have strong experience and thorough understanding of digital marketing and the evolving culture of millennial and gen-Z’s as it relates to fashion and streetwear. This position will be part of the management steering committee and report to the CEO.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the executive team in developing brand vision and evolving to meet culture shifts and buying habits of target customer groups
- Ability to create long and short-term marketing strategic plans to achieve brand vision including channel strategy, budgets, goal-setting, and reporting against KPIs
- Partners with CEO and team to develop goals and focus to support the Alpha Industries brand objectives; responsible for directing the development of strategic marketing plans for major product & category initiatives, implements activation across accounts and global markets
- Based on analysis & seasonal forecasts leads a synergistic global go-to-market approach with the development of seasonal sell-in and sell-through tool-kits to drive successful global product marketing stories. Drives creative brief process to develop relevant seasonal assets. Oversee the annual marketing calendar, prepare sell-in content and deliver compelling presentations/communications that support seasonal initiatives
- Leads, builds and develops the marketing department including internal and external vendors. Willingness to get in the weeds and support the marketing team in execution
- Has a strong understanding of the digital marketing eco system everything from paid, SEO, acquisition and loyalty
- Works seamlessly with the eCommerce department to support execution of brand & product marketing stories through DTC channels; ultimately driving both traffic and profitable sales growth for our DTC partners
- Forms strategic alliances & leads the collaboration between marketing and other cross functional teams (both internal and external) to ideate, concept, plan and implement 360 marketing campaigns, e.g. product launches, seasonal campaigns.
- Partners with regional / global marketing teams to build annual marketing plans and ensure successful implementation of programs; Leads communication efforts to ensure global brand positioning, campaigns and objectives are defined.
- Work with the cross-functional teams to identify product and category growth opportunities and marketing tactics grounded in insights, trends, and the competitive landscape; Influence the product development pipeline and market test prioritization to ensure both calendar needs and long-term category growth plans are met.
- Own the development and execution of relevant & long-term brand partnerships & sponsorships that increase awareness and elevate the Alpha Industries brand to engage new & existing consumers
- Allocate efforts and resources effectively to brand or marketing goals; minimizes or removes distractions and non-value-added activities
- Lead customer analytics across all channels providing insights that deepen the organization’s understanding of the customer
- Performs duties consistent with the Company's goals
- Bachelor's degree required/MBA preferred or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of marketing experience with relevant brands. Footwear, fashion, lifestyle and/or global experience preferred
- 5+ years of management experience
- Strong strategic planning and analysis skills in sales, marketing and business strategy
- Ability and willingness to both plan strategy and lead a high-performance team in executing day to day deliverables
- Digital and community marketing knowledge
- Strong experience in building and developing the marketing department
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Solid written communication skills and demonstrated comfort level with public speaking
- Ability to analyze and interpret large amounts of data to draw clear actionable conclusions
- Strong understanding of global markets, experience working with international distributors and vendors
- Proven track record for leading and developing new initiatives
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize projects
- Comfortable in fast-changing, fast paced global POV environment with tight deadlines
- Ability to interact, network and build credibility for themselves and brand
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the produce, our business and the competitive landscape