Category Manager, Accessories, HODINKEE Shop
HODINKEE is a fast-growing media brand and shop that makes watches accessible to everyone. Over the past decade, founder Ben Clymer has grown HODINKEE into a thriving company of creatives. Our team now consists of writers, editors, designers, photographers, podcasters, engineers, and so many other key players who cement HODINKEE’s position as the most trusted source for watch news and products. We have a website. An app. A podcast. A magazine. A retail business. And more. HODINKEE’s goal is to bring readers and consumers the best in wristwatches in a way that’s approachable, authentic, honest and fun.
HODINKEE is looking for a Category Manager, Accessories.
What You Will Do
- Create monthly and seasonal product assortments by connecting the product team’s visual strategy with our planning team’s inventory needs and using data to balance newness with core replenishment, all while maintaining our brand and product integrity
- Develop, execute, and communicate financial merchandise plans and strategies to support company merchandising, marketing and financial objectives
- Define ideal inventory targets to sustain sales and maximize product availability for clients, while minimizing stock
- Continually research and explore new trends in marketplace and category, monitor industry trends, and evaluate competition
- Manage SKU lifecycle from adoption to delete
- Assists in setting up all new product details and responsible for managing all categories new product workbooks.
- Collaborate with the Shop and Marketing teams to ensure new product launches are properly setup in our e-commerce back-end.
- Maintain site assortment and communicate when SKUs need to be taken down due to inventory constraints.
- Communicate financial results, forecasts, and action plans to management and cross-functional team on a weekly basis
- Develop annual projections for core product lines to relay to vendors
Who You Are
- 4-6 years of buying and/or planning experience for a multi-brand retailer
- Experience developing private label or exclusive product
- Successful track record of driving high volume business growth and bottom line results
- Experience working with luxury goods such as watches, jewelry, fine art, and/or leather goods
- Experience with Shopify and NetSuite a plus
- Knowledge of wristwatches (both vintage and modern) a plus
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility on the job and work in a fast-paced environment
- Candidates must possess authorization to work in the U.S.
HODINKEE is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life.