Senior PR Manager / Head of PR
Galvan is looking for a dynamic, experienced, and self-motivated individual to lead Public Relations in the brand's home markets - the United States and United Kingdom - as well as key international markets. You will spearhead and execute brand-building activities including celebrity dressing, influencer relations, editorial placements, high profile events, and creative collaborations. As part of the Management team, you will have major responsibilities within the company and will need to work closely with the Design, Marketing, and Sales departments. This is a hands-on role where excellent organizational and time management skills are as essential as experience and network.
- Oversee, manage and execute editorial & celebrity PR strategy and execution for the Americas, UK and Germany.
- Work closely with the Galvan founders on feature stories, cultivating brand DNA throughout editorial, red carpet placement and influencer visibility.
- Advise on appropriate talent for key brand initiatives and cultivate relationships with top stylists and editors.
- Identify key events for major red carpet moments throughout the calendar year for each relevant market.
- Oversee events calendar and align with the marketing and digital teams to maximize brand visibility and sales through editorial and red-carpet placements.
- Organize press days (virtual or, when possible, in person) in NY & the UK per collection.
- Work with marketing and digital teams on social media influencer strategy and community building
- Develop regional, national and international media relationships.
- Pitch and secure editorial coverage (digital + print).
- Standardize weekly and monthly regional press recaps to share with senior management
- Stay informed on all industry news, key influencers, recommended vendors for reporting & other analytical needs
- Ensure departmental budget details are up-to-date; management of influencer and regional press budget.
- Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 5 years of relevant PR experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong follow-through.
- Proven leadership experience.
- Deep understanding of popular culture, emerging social networks, influencers and celebrities by region.
- Self-starter with strong initiative, ownership and accountability for business.
- Ability to work efficiently in a high-pressure, fast paced, deadline driven environment.
About the Brand
Galvan represents a new kind of evening wear - modern, clean, cool. The London-based label was established in 2014 by four young women from the worlds of fashion and contemporary art: Anna-Christin Haas, Katherine Holmgren, Carolyn Hodler and Sola Karadottir. The Galvan brand represents their shared vision for a more cosmopolitan approach to evening wear - luxurious yet effortless, fashion forward yet timeless, and versatile enough to be styled differently and worn repeatedly. Since launch, the collection has expanded to include bridal, modern suiting and day-to-night separates.
Galvan has become a firm favorite with celebrities for their red carpet appearances. Retail locations include Notting Hill in London and SoHo in New York, while current stockists include Net-a-Porter, The Webster, Matchesfashion.com, Lane Crawford, Harvey Nichols, Selfridges, Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Fwrd.com, Moda Operandi and Tsum, amongst others.