Head of Trust and Safety Project Management
Depop is the fashion marketplace where the next generation buy, sell and get inspired. We are headquartered in London, UK with locations in Manchester, New York, Los Angeles and Australia. We have over 20 million registered users in 147 countries. In the UK, 1 in 3 Gen Z/Millennials are registered and in the US we have grown 300% over two years. We are also the only European player to have recently entered the top 25 shopping apps by daily active users.
Our mission is to empower the next generation to transform fashion, and our team of over 250 people are dedicated to serving the needs of our global community.
We operate on three pillars:
- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
Keeping our community safe on Depop requires both industry-leading policies and processes that allow us to enforce these policies. The trust and safety teams at Depop support our users through both direct support interactions as well as building scalable solutions to keep our community safe.
To support our company-wide efforts to protect users every day we are seeking a strategic and experienced leader who is eager to learn, and is excited to build systems to support millions of people. This critical role is tasked with overseeing and taking on large and impactful projects across key safety areas for Depop. The head of project management will lead the T&S Project Management function, and develop a high performing team who lead change throughout the organisation.
We value people who can think strategically using macro-level insights, while still caring for micro-level cases affecting our community We're targeting an intellectually curious and creative individual who is comfortable operating in ambiguity — a strategic thinker with strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
This is the right role for someone with the drive to take ownership of complex tasks and projects, react effectively to dynamic challenges in a fast-paced, high intensity environment, and independently prioritize their activity to deliver the results that our globally expanding business needs. This leader needs to be a strong communicator and influencer with the drive to get things done and gaining momentum across different teams.
- Develop an understanding of safety issues and the architecture and integration points of Depop’ community safety support processes, products, and policies
- Become a thought leader within our overall trust and safety initiatives taking ownership of driving projects from inception to delivery
- Partner with stakeholders and systems teams to execute projects and develop best practices within the team
- Lead and build out a team of project managers who will lead on critical cross functional projects driving the safety of our community
- Develop and lead global projects, establish working team goals, and work with cross functional partners on strategies for executing, measuring progress, and sharing results
- Deliver projects involving quantitative analysis, industry research, and strategy development, working directly with global cross-functional teams and influencing high level strategy
- Partner with Engineering, Security, and Analytics to identify, influence, and execute our trust and safety roadmap
- Build relationships with cross-functional partners across policy to drive improvements
- Significant experience working in an Operations, Project Management, Analytics, Product, or equivalent team leadership functioning including people management
- Proven work experience in project management and creating project documentation
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification
- Experience communicating to and influencing a variety of audiences
- Strategic thinker with analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Experience creating and/or improving operational processes across teams/stakeholders and external vendors
- Proven track record of taking ownership, managing conflicting priorities and driving results
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with various levels of an organization, both written and verbally, including senior executives
- Experience working in the technology sector or other relevant fast paced environments
- Experience in working within the Trust & Safety industry
- Experience with process design, implementation, and improvement
- Knowledge of data tools such as SQL, SAS and or data visualization (e.g. Tableau) tools
Depop offers the opportunity to work in one of the UK's fastest-growing scale-ups, with a vibrant and diverse group of people, building a product we all deeply care about, in addition to:
Learn and Grow: We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to up-skill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
Wellbeing: We care about wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eye-care vouchers and a discounted gym membership.
Mental Health: Mental health is a top priority for Depop. We offer subsidised counselling appointments through SelfSpace, have mental health first aiders and also run yoga, meditation and more.
Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism, and sabbaticals for our long-serving employees.
Family life: We offer flexible working (based on your team), generous parental leave policies, and, all of our offices are dog-friendly!
Financial: We match up to 6 percent on your pension based on qualified earnings and have retail discounts from benefithub.
Fun: We love to celebrate our successes at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more.
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.