Product Manager Denim
In this role as a product manager at Acne Studios you will have the responsibility to develop high end quality products for the denim collections in close collaboration with our design team. This responsibility holds from technical package through to the sales samples being priced, delivered to the showrooms and ready to go in production. You will work closely with the design and production departments across men’s and women’s wear. This position reports to the Head of development RTW.
The work environment at Acne Studios is fast-paced and energetic; no day is ever the same. You will be based at Acne Studios Head Office in Stockholm, and might have commitments that require travelling to suppliers.
The employment is a parental leave cover of approximately one year starting beginning of February 2021.
Tasks will include, but not be limited to
- Manage development critical paths from initial design through to shipping SMS within the allocated delivery window
- Responsible for comments on the various development samples with an emphasis on fit and finishing from proto stage to pre-production stage
- Oversee and organize fittings sessions and take comments, provide proactive and focused input to ensure further production processes run smoothly
- Manage the costing process and analysis of margins and assist in creating negotiation strategies towards suppliers
- Work closely with our wash expert to achieve the desired washes with a focus on sustainability, critical path dates and price
- Partner with the head of development and allocate styles between factories to ensure the highest possible standard of make while achieving target CMT and FOB prices in accordance with the collection’s range plan
- Work with other product managers to ensure standard processes across teams/divisions
- Responsible for the product data input and continuous updates in the PLM system
- Maintain and build relationships with suppliers and communicate on day-to-day operations
- Academic degree, from business school and/or textile education
- Minimum 5 years’ experience from a denim role preferably from high-end fashion brands
- Highly proficient in MS Office applications, particularly Excel
- Excellent verbal and written English communication
- Ability to develop strong relationships both internally and with our suppliers
- Detail-oriented with strong follow-through & time management skills
- The ability to take initiative and to prioritize work tasks
- An action oriented attitude with a proactive approach to problem solving and decision making
As we interview candidates continuously we kindly ask you to register your application as soon as possible.