Menswear Design Internship
As an intern at the Menswear Design department at Acne Studios you will work closely together with our ambitious and dedicated team. You will be responsible of assisting the designers in creating new designs starting from research till final product.
The work environment at Acne Studios is fast-paced and energetic; no day is ever the same. You will be based at Acne Studios Head Office in Stockholm, but you might have commitments that require travelling. For this internship position we expect you to be available for a minimum of 5 months. The internship is expected to start in February/March 2021.
Tasks will include, but not be limited to
- Assist the design team with the day-to-day needs, and participate in the development of the entire creative design process
- Support with the research and picture database, update collection boards and overviews
- Support the designers with stitching toiles, test fabrics & interlinings, make stitch trials, prepare finishing mock up, stitch final proto´s for proto meetings
- Communicate and work closely with the different departments
- Prepare development sheets with technical details
- Assist the design team in fitting sessions, prepare presentations and setting up meetings
- BA or MA degree in Fashion Design
- Available for a period of 5/6 months
- Solid knowledge in either womenswear, menswear, workwear or denim design
- Fluency in English language is an essential requirement
- Adobe suite skills are a must, with the ability to use Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign to a high standard
- Very thorough knowledge of fashion history, archetypes
- Good sewing skills both on industrial and domestic machines
- Knowhow of specific finishing techniques and finishing’s for each product category
- Strong interest and motivation to create high end collections
- A team player with very good communication skills
- Being flexible and at the same time structured and organized
As we interview candidates continuously we kindly ask you to register your application as soon as possible. Please ensure your application is written in English and contains examples of your work, CV and a personal letter.
We may perform background checks for this position.