Who We Are:
Reformation is a fast-growing company that proves fast fashion and sustainability can coexist. With both our HQ and our own factory based in Los Angeles, we combine stylish, vintage-inspired designs with sustainable practices. We release limited-edition collections every week on our website and in our 20 brick and mortar stores.
We are a future focused organization committed to the belief that the problems facing our planet and society can be solved through innovation, common sense and education. Being naked is the #1 most sustainable option. We're #2.
The Creative Director will play a lead role in shaping the brand creative at Reformation. They will work to develop innovative campaigns and messaging, bringing our products, people, mission and sustainability initiatives to life on a global scale across owned, earned and paid channels. They will be responsible for translating global business and marketing strategies into customer-facing concepts and executions, with a focus on visuals and storytelling. This highly creative and detail-oriented position requires strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate with many different teams, as well as external partners. We seek an individual who has a true passion for what drives consumer behavior and a desire to translate that into compelling visual and emotional narratives. A leader with intellectual curiosity and a continuous desire to learn, teach and inspire those around them.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee all creative direction and development across owned, earned and paid channels
- Concept and execute innovative campaigns around the Reformation brand and sustainability mission—with a focus on people, product, planet and progress
- Create compelling visuals and stories across various platforms and mediums including, but not limited to: social media, site, stores and press
- Oversee brand visuals and voice, ensuring brand messaging is consistent, engaging and aligned with Reformation values across all touch-points
- Set direction and motivate your team. Train, mentor and grow individuals—providing guidance, clear direction, problem solving and people management
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and lead creative briefing sessions cross-departmentally to clarify business needs and key deliverables
- Manage relationships with internal & external creative partners: agencies, freelancers and contributors
- Collaborate with the leadership team to ensure creative projects and direction are aligned with key business needs and priorities
Who You Are:
- 10+ years of experience working in the creative field, in-house or agency
- Experience leading creative teams across various mediums—including photography, video, graphic design, and print
- Expertise developing multi-channel brand campaigns across owned, earned and paid media
- A digital-first mindset and strong understanding of the modern consumer landscape, especially social media, mobile and content marketing
- A big thinker who loves ideation and exploration, with a deep curiosity and a desire to challenge conventional wisdom
- A strong communicator, both visually and verbally
- An entrepreneurial mindset and a willingness to be hands-on
- The ability to create thought-provoking work in a fast-paced and evolving environment
- The ability to think strategically and problem solve on the fly. Flexibility to adjust quickly to changes and deliver on deadline
- A strong desire to continually bring innovation to work and process
- Ability to inspire, mentor and manage teams and collaborate effectively
- A strong work ethic and commitment to quality and efficiency
- Strong portfolio showcasing strategic/conceptual thinking, visual design and storytelling.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for eligible employees
- Paid vacation, sick, holidays & volunteer time-off for eligible employees
- Mission based company + casual and entrepreneurial work environment
- Clothing discount, dog-friendly office, company events + parties and much more
- 401K with company match
Please submit your resume and a short cover letter telling us about yourself and why you are a great fit for Reformation!
The Reformation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status