Business Development Manager
The Business of Fashion is looking for a results-oriented Business Development Manager with a proven track record of B2B sales success, to help drive the growth of BoF Professional. BoF Professional is now one of the leading insights, learning and development platforms to help drive retention and growth within fashion brands.
This role will focus on selling our BoF Professional corporate subscription products to fashion and luxury companies.
Who Are We?
The Business of Fashion (BoF) is a next generation fashion media company conceived for today's global and hyper-connected world. Founded in 2007 by Imran Amed, BoF is known for its authoritative, agenda-setting point of view on the global fashion industry and is an indispensable resource for fashion executives, creatives, students and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries. It has been described as “The Economist of Fashion," “A Daily Destination for Fashion’s Power Players” and "The Industry Bible."
Providing tools and services to support the journey through the fashion and beauty industries, including News & Analysis, Careers, and Education, BoF has grown to be an indispensable resource for fashion executives, creatives, students, and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries.
Commitment to Diversity
BoF is committed to building a diverse workforce and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer. We ensure all applicants and employees receive equal treatment regardless of race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender, age, disability, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity.
Commitment to Inclusivity
BoF is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and reach their full potential within their roles using a growth mindset. We are committed to creating an inclusive culture for our employees globally.
What We Need You to Do
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a growing company as a key member of its commercial team. This position will be based in our London office, and reporting into the Associate Director, Business Development who leads B2B Professional sales globally. Add here
In being successful in this role, you will:
- Proactively seek to develop new business with organisations for BoF Professional, selling to potential brand partners within the fashion and beauty industries through-out the UK and EU
- Identify prospective sales targets and manage sales pipeline
- Act as a brand ambassador for BoF, with knowledge of our businesses and content produced
- Responsible for all relevant administrative tasks related to sales delivered, such as setting up account users, invoicing, sales tracking, etc.
- Oversee growth for key partner accounts including renewal, identifying opportunities for upselling, and managing ongoing relationship needs
- Work closely with sales team, finance and marketing
Who You Are
- Results and process driven business development manager, ideally within online B2B, fashion or media companies. Subscription sales experience is advantageous.
- Proven track record of consistently hitting/exceeding revenue targets
- Highly organised and able to work independently and prioritise in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of and passion for fashion and retail
- Highly professional, and ability to act as an ambassador for BoF
- Willingness to roll up sleeves in an scale-up atmosphere
You’ll Know You’re Successful When…
- You are achieving or exceeding your sales targets
- Sourcing and closing BoF Professional subscription sales leading growth of B2B clients and multinationals across fashion, luxury, and related verticals
- Working well with the existing sales team, to support existing partners and delivering upon team goals