Development & Production Coordinator
The role covers the day-to-day coordination of the entire garment development process from proto through to final approval and delivery of production. As Development & Production Coordinator you are working on the coordination of all seasonal materials and the related production steps, ensuring an on time delivery of all product categories with high standards of quality.
Reports to: Product Manager
- Responsible for the sourcing and development of trims according to the brand’s raw materials collection plan, ensuring a timely delivery within target price and accurate documentation across the process.
- Responsible for an accurate upload and update of fabric and trim information in Zedonk during the development and production process, approving all bulk strike offs and maintaining an accurate database of all technical and scientific information.
- Create and update BOM sheets and costings for each style, ensuring accuracy of information throughout the process.
- Support the Product Manager during fittings, measuring samples and updating tech packs to ensure a clear handover from development to production.
- Responsible for the on-time raising of fabric and trim production orders and on-time delivery of stock, including identifying and flagging potential delivery or quality issues as early as possible in the product creation process.
- Ensure the production critical path and factory overviews are up-to-date, provide accurate updates on material deliveries and flag potential issues in the production process.
- Submit care label instructions and specifications, approve the label layouts for all products and ensure orders are placed and delivered in a timely manner.
- Ensure all seasonal customs information is up to date (HTS, Intrastat, WAD’s) ahead of the shipping window.
- Plan and arrange all production shipments (raw materials and products) with dedicated freight forwarders, providing all accurate documentation.
- Collaboratively work with the product manager to develop a detailed and qualitative development and production manual for manufacturers and suppliers.
- Develop and maintain exceptionally strong relationships with nominated factories and mills, to ensure commercial and technical commitments are honoured.
- Responsible for the organization of fabrics and trims in the studio, storage and at factories, maintaining an accuracy of stock reports and proactive approach towards re-use of materials.
- Support the Product Manager with any other administrative duties as required and provide support in the guidance of interns of the department
The ideal candidate:
- Minimum 1 year experience in production and/or development in a luxury or advanced contemporary fashion brand
- Good knowledge of garment construction and textiles
- Organised with good analytical skills, proficient with systems and reporting (Excel, Zedonk)
- A flexible and proactive team player
- Bilingual is a definite plus (preferably Italian or French)