Digital Marketing and E-commerce Manager
The gist: Lingua Franca is looking for a versatile and dynamic individual to join our team as Digital Marketing and E-commerce Manager. In this role you’ll be responsible for helping execute both the front and back ends of our e-commerce website to strengthen user experience and meet marketing goals.
Reading between the lines: Our team is small, but mighty. We got through 2020 together with only minimal tears and now, more than ever, we are excited to grow our brand. We are looking for positive energy and a “can-do” attitude, someone who can wear multiple hats and who knows their individual strengths and weaknesses. We generally gravitate towards individuals who are as serious about working hard on building something meaningful and innovative, as they are about not taking themselves too seriously and finding the humor in, well, everything.
We are a small business committed to fair trade, ethical labor practices, and the highest environmental standards. As a company we have raised over a million dollars for organizations we care deeply about. We are proud to use our brand as a platform to inspire change and aim to fill this role with an individual who is excited to grow with us!
This position’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following activities and duties
- Create and update all website content such as products, inventory, pricing, images and copy
- Act as liaison to help resolve customer or merchandise related issues with our customer service team
- Help to increase traffic, improve site speed, optimize navigation, customer paths, and checkout conversion
- Monitor brand’s website to ensure that it is up-to-date, accurate and fully functioning and flag/troubleshoot anything that needs attention
- Ensure that all new product data is uploaded onto our website in a timely manner prior to product launch dates
- Identify opportunities for ongoing improvement of the website and researching and implementing appropriate solutions, utilizing third parties where appropriate
- Optimise website SEO
- Communicate with design, production, and wholesale teams about inventory needs
- Analyze sales across channels in order to maximize inventory and support production team in optimal inventory production
- Review paid digital marketing assets and paid social media campaigns to ensure productivity and provide analysis to inform marketing campaigns
- Assist on email calendar strategy, execution and creative content to drive conversion on site
- Build google and social ads and monitor progress and results
- Set up automated email marketing as required
- 5+ years of ecommerce experience
- Experience with analytics platforms and web traffic reporting (Google Analytics, Shopify Analytics)
- Experience with Klaviyo preferred
- In depth knowledge of Shopify
- Experience with Google Ads and Facebook Ads manager
- HTML knowledge desired though not essential
- Customer centric with a natural interest in understanding consumer behavior
- Data Driven with the ability to drive initiatives to improve our understanding of the customer
- Actively seeking to be part of a fast-growing fashion start-up
- Able to prioritize and organize their work flow and work autonomously
- Happy to be a doer as well as a manager and not be afraid to “get their hands dirty”
- Possesses strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and work ethic
- Proven skilled at time management, project management, and organization
In the final stages of the interview process, a relevant project will be requested of the candidate to showcase their expertise in the digital marketing arena.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.