Editorial Creative Lead
Depop is the fashion marketplace where the next generation buy, sell and get inspired. We are headquartered in London, UK with locations in Manchester, New York, Los Angeles and Australia. We have more than 25 million registered users in 180+ countries. In the UK, 1 in 3 Gen Z/Millennials are registered and in the US we have grown 300% over two years. We are also the only European player to have recently entered the top 25 shopping apps by daily active users.
Our mission is to empower the next generation to transform fashion, and our team of nearly 350 people are dedicated to serving the needs of our global community.
We operate on three pillars:
We are looking for an experienced, inspirational Editorial Creative Lead who is highly experienced with youth and fashion culture. Reporting to the Creative Director, the Editorial Creative Lead is a key role in driving and delivering Depop's content, creative execution and output through social media and editorial channels. You'll work closely with Marketing Leads and with the Creative Director to build out Depop’s editorial and social media function and create meaningful work that positions Depop as the most diverse, progressive home of fashion and uses creative content that embeds Depop deeply into youth culture
- Work with the senior stakeholders to build and lead content strategies and the execution of content for Depop’s social media and new editorial channels in 2021 in line with Depop’s brand vision
- Develop and be responsible for innovative, best in class creative content that lives and/or originates in social media to grow the brand with our target audience
- Drive creative ideation and execution for content-driven campaigns and activations to deliver on marketing goals.
- Elevate our approach to video including IGTV, YouTube and TikTok
- Ability to structure/deliver outstanding creative presentations (internally or externally)
- Drive creative excellence, working closely with Creative Director and key marketing leads to ensure the output of the content team is of the highest possible standard
- Alongside Creative Director, Senior Creative Lead and Head of Brand, continually manage the Depop brand position and voice in Depop content: ensuring this is central and consistent across all creative projects and platforms
- Build, manage and mentor a team of creatives, editors and writers (FTE and freelance)
- Recognise opportunities to grow and shape Depop through partnerships and collaborations with brands and influencer talent who align with our values (community, entrepreneurship, sustainability)
- Lead strong relationships with external creative agencies, contributors and partners, internal/ external teams and creatives while managing multiple work-streams with competing priorities
- Be a constant driver to bring ideas, talent, casting, and innovation to Depop content
- Work across multiple departments at Depop on creative ideas and executions for brand collaborations and marketing projects where required
- Extensive experience in a Senior Editorial and Creative role (a minimum of 8+ years within a youth fashion, media, brand or agency environment) working with content creation in social, editorial and brand channels
- Demonstrable experience of leading and delivering a broad range of creative projects including brand activations, video asset creation, social content creation, campaigns, films, editorial and social strategy, events, digital, print
- Deep understanding of how to make work with paid, owned and earned social environments
- Ability to use data, insight and audience collaboration to make and optimise creative work, working to briefs where needed
- Expert commentator in youth and fashion culture
- Advanced technical skill set; including strategy, editorial, art direction, writing, content creation, presentations and social media
- Act as a brand ambassador, consistently connecting and networking with relevant people/ brands for future opportunities
- Calm under pressure, resourceful and a creative problem solver, used to working to strict deadlines and on own initiative
- Entrepreneurial spirit, growth mindset, and collaborative nature is a must
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaborative with the ability to work cross functionally across multiple departments
Depop offers the opportunity to work in one of the UK's fastest-growing scale-ups, with a vibrant and diverse group of people, building a product we all deeply care about, in addition to:
Learn and Grow: We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to up-skill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
Wellbeing: We care about wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eye-care vouchers and a discounted gym membership.
Mental Health: Mental health is a top priority for Depop. We offer subsidised counselling appointments through SelfSpace, have mental health first aiders and also run yoga, meditation and more.
Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism, and sabbaticals for our long-serving employees.
Family life: We offer flexible working (based on your team), generous parental leave policies, and, all of our offices are dog-friendly!
Fun: We love to celebrate our successes at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more.
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.