Creative Graphic Designer
Kendal and Partners is one of London’s leading boutique strategic communications agencies, amplifying authentic and credible universes for forward-thinking brands.
Founded in 2014, Kendal and Partners understands the importance of exploring a brand’s DNA to unlock compelling story-telling that becomes the strategic bedrock informing all creative communications. Occupying a unique position, Kendal and Partners actively works on behalf of brands across the worlds of luxury, art, culture, fashion and hospitality.
Supported and informed by consumer and cultural insights, we ensure partnerships and campaigns are intelligent, relevant and credible - delivering dynamic initiatives and content which elevates brands, creates desire and ultimately delivers for growth.
Kendal and Partners clients include: Alexa Chung, Victoria Beckham, American Express, Bird in Hand Wine, Kylie Minogue Wines, Don Julio 1942 Tequila and Sotheby’s.
Kendal and Partners are looking for an ambitious, entrepreneurial and enthusiastic Creative Graphic Designer to join the team. The Creative Graphic Designer will be responsible for the design, creation and art direction of a wide range of press-facing, digital and social assets on behalf of clients across: F&B, BWS, hospitality, fashion, art and lifestyle.
You will have a passionate interest in content, with a modern and up-to-date understanding on how content can represent a brand’s profile and USP - whilst also understanding how social and cultural relevance can visually build engagement and communities via curated content.
The role requires an experienced, highly skilled 360, integrated creative graphic designer who can confidently art direct but also work proficiently across a wide range of creative projects, both independently and under guidance from clients and team members. Versatility is key. Proficiency in Adobe creative suite is a must and the ability to connect ideas across the many brand-owned touch points and channels per client, is incredibly important for success in the position.
This is an exciting, dynamic, and varied creative graphic designer role focused on a variety of projects. Social would be at the heart of your experience (and personal interests) - and you’d be very comfortable pitching and communicating to both internal and external stakeholders, your expert advice on how / what kind of content will engage customers (both existing and prospective). It will enable the candidate to utilise a wide range of skills, from concepting and storyboarding, directing large scale omni-channel campaign ideas, to churning through the smaller pieces, sometimes in a very short timeframe.
Art Direction skills of a highly polished creative within our very specific retail sectors - i.e. fashion, lifestyle, art and hospitality - is an integral part of this role.
Key Responsibilities of the Creative Graphic Designer:
- You will work closely with the PR Account Manager and Managing Director and be responsible for updating collateral as well as creating new items, dependant on the brief.
- Working closely with marketing colleagues and various business and client stakeholders, in managing the creation, production and distribution of marketing communication materials for use within key distribution channels (both owned and external).
- Producing dynamic Indesign Presentations
- Supporting client activations and events by delivering all relevant marketing/promotional materials
- Manage relationships with external creative agencies to ensure all communications activity supports the brand
- Manage relationships with creators and agencies, both writing briefs and ensuring deliverables are adhered to
- Ensure brand guidelines are always met
- Support Marketing, PR and in-house client Departments on daily basis with ongoing projects. Work as part of the team
- To continually find inspiring, innovative and creative ways to bring Kendal and Partners clients and product categories to life
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 2-3 years experience of working in a similar role – agency and/or client side
- Fashion and retail experience. You’ll get excited about fashion and understand what it takes to get the message through in a busy retail environment.
- A thorough knowledge and interest in fashion, art, culture and social media.
- A positive, creative and influential personality.
- A creative thinker and idea generator with a strong creative eye.
- With a high volume of requests, the candidate must be able to work quickly and determine how to manage different priorities. Some jobs will be simple updates; other requests will require more creativity and more time spent.
- Commitment to responsiveness, high quality work, confidentiality and customer service.
- A real passion and interest in great design and creativity.
- An avid interest in content; and the many forms it may take across digital and social channels
- A strong understanding on what content is ‘engaging’, and what content is culturally and socially ‘relevant’ (particularly for social).
- Organisational skills and the ability to prioritise effectively without missing deadlines.
- A strong proactive attitude and the confidence to take ownership of projects.
- Some experience in managing third party agencies to deliver results.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Up to date knowledge of design best practice, across both online and offline design.
- Advanced in the Adobe CC Suite in a Mac environment (Essential)
- Fluent in the Microsoft Office Suite for Mac (Essential)
- Expert knowledge in digital design – web, social, dynamic ads.
- A team player who thrives in a fast paced environment.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a design team.
- Internal stakeholder skills with a demonstrated ability to take a brief.
Candidate Soft Skills (required)
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Advanced Experience in Adobe Suite (preferably: Indesign, PhotoShop, Premier and Illustrator)
- Advanced experience editing video and moving image
Start Date: ASAP pending any existing notice period for the candidate. However we are flexible for the right candidate.
Due to the current government guidance, candidates will be interviewed via Zoom - and subsequently on-boarded via Zoom as well. Please include all relevant links to existing portfolio when applying.
Once lockdown has eased, Kendal and Partners office is based in Old Street, London (closest tube: Old Street).
For further information on Kendal and Partners, please visit: