This is a very exciting opportunity at the core of our design team. The Handbag Designer will have a very important impact on the collections that are launched and produced, providing a great sense of ownership and achievement. It will also allow the Designer to learn about the different aspects of the company and be part of a very committed and enthusiastic multicultural team.
- Reports to the Creative Directors of Manu Atelier
- Manages the handbag design and product development of 4 seasonal collections a year, in addition to any special projects from initial concept, sourcing and development stage, through to production sign-off (leather goods and custom hardware development)
- Sets out the critical path for each collection/project and ensures the timeline is followed closely to deliver on time
- Researches new trends and materials and prepares brainstorming sessions with the Creative Directors
- Creates collection plans and overviews, sketches, CAD renderings and technical specifications
- Creating and maintaining cads/tech packs
- Assesses all development prototypes and final samples, and resolves any product development or quality issues
- Works closely with our Production team and suppliers in Istanbul
- Provides costing calculation for each new product
- Orders raw materials for collection samples
- Works with the Management team to understand customer buying trends
- Works with the Marketing and Graphic Design teams to provide input on the seasonal line-sheets to present to buyers
- Works with the Production Manager and Coordinator to set up new products and raw materials in Zedonk
- Works with the Customer Service team to answer any queries relating to design and quality
- Participates in the weekly meeting to provide updates on collection developments and share learnings across areas
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Fashion or Design Arts
- A proven track record of 4+ years of design and development success across handbags and small leather goods
- Trend catcher, materials and details researcher
- The highest level of attention to detail
- Great sense of ownership
- A team player with a go-getter attitude
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Has a solid design opinion and can communicate this through sketches and ideas.
- Must be an independent self motivated person who is confident to bring forward ideas.
- Good work ethic and understanding of delivering on dates subject to the critical path for the season.
- Experience presenting to senior members of staff.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm