Senior Mobile Engineer
HODINKEE is a fast-growing media brand and shop that makes watches accessible to everyone. Over the past decade, founder Ben Clymer has grown HODINKEE into a thriving company of creatives. Our team now consists of writers, editors, designers, photographers, podcasters, engineers, and so many other key players who cement HODINKEE’s position as the most trusted source for watch news and products. We have a website. An app. A podcast. A magazine. A retail business. And more. HODINKEE’s goal is to bring readers and consumers the best in wristwatches in a way that’s approachable, authentic, honest and fun.
HODINKEE is looking for an experienced, senior-level mobile developer to join us on the engineering team. Our native, mobile apps are used by thousands of people around the world every day.
As a mobile developer, you will be primarily responsible for helping to maintain and improve our native iOS and Android apps. When you're not writing code, you will be researching and brainstorming new ways to enhance the experience for our readers and customers. Your voice and ideas will help shape the future of our product roadmap and as a result, our company.
Who You Are
At a minimum, candidates should have 5 or more years of experience in the following:
- Developing native iOS and Android apps using their respective, modern toolchains (Swift & Kotlin)
- Deep understanding of iOS and Android best practices and architectures.
- Integrating third-party libraries and managing dependencies
- Familiarity with HTTP networking and consuming REST APIs
- Proficient developing on both iOS and Android platforms
- Proficient working with iOS and Android Test Frameworks
- Deep understanding of how an API backend works from top to bottom
- An eye for great design, user experience, and the ability to prototype quickly
- Self-motivation to take on new projects and ideas
- Candidates must possess authorization to work in the U.S.
For bonus credit, you should definitely let us know if you have:
- Knowledge of the Shopify platform and its developer ecosystem
- Experience in machine learning or other emerging technologies
- A deep interest in watch collecting and or other luxury goods
HODINKEE is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life.