Senior Designer / Buyer (Tops, Bottoms, Outerwear, Jumpsuits)
Who We Are:
Reformation is a fast-growing company that proves fast fashion and sustainability can coexist. With both our HQ and our own factory based in Los Angeles, we combine stylish, vintage-inspired designs with sustainable practices. We release limited-edition collections every week on our website and in our 20 brick and mortar stores.
We are a future focused organization committed to the belief that the problems facing our planet and society can be solved through innovation, common sense and education. Being naked is the #1 most sustainable option. We're #2.
Reformation has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Designer to be a part of our in-house Main Range Design team, focusing on TBJ (tops, bottoms, and jumpsuits). Main Range consists of Reformation’s wovens & novelty knits. This individual will be responsible for identifying key trends in the marketplace and presenting exciting new ideas to the design and buying team. The top candidates for this role will have a very high taste level and will be able to translate his/her ideas to relatable product for the Reformation.
- Be responsible for owning, building and growing some of the largest and highest potential woven categories for Reformation - tops, bottoms, jumpsuits and outerwear
- Analyze key product trends in the marketplace and synthesize to highlight only the concepts relevant for the Reformation brand/customer; translate these ideas into products
- Identify and develop key silhouettes, fabrics and trims that are relevant to the Reformation customer
- Anticipate future trends - be willing to take calculated risks - where it makes sense
- Proactively seek out new category opportunities
- Maintain a high standard for quality and design to ensure Reformation product is always top of the line
- Partner with SVP Design and Senior Designer, Main Line to develop the vision and direction of the brand
- Lead concepting, sketching and fitting for wovens categories
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years experience
- Strong background concept research
- Strong and fast hand sketching experience
- Knowledgeable about fabrics: drape, appropriate use, quality
- Strong understanding of garment construction, sewing techniques, and patternmaking
- Must have experience with fittings
- Experience working with domestic and overseas factories/suppliers is beneficial
- Appetite for design influences
- Strong eye for both elevated design and ability to judge overall assortment balance
- Demonstrate strong ownership of one’s own categories
- Commercial acumen and desire to read and understand sales reports
- Customer-focused and data driven
- Strong experience in developing tops, bottoms, jumpsuits, and outerwear
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Strong enthusiasm for Reformation as a brand
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate confidently at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure and with strong personalities
- Awareness of the financial performance of the business and be motivated to grow it
- Good teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Be customer focused and interested in reacting and chasing to what is selling well
- Have a genuine passion for Sustainability
Who You Are:
- You are incredibly smart.
- Your colleagues love working with you; your manager loves having you in meetings on their team.
- You can set targets and manage a cross-functional effort to achieve those targets.
- You motivate others; you communicate clearly; you inspire your coworkers.
- You are a collaborative, hardworking, problem solver, who leads by example.
- You are biased for action; you love the swiftness of our business model and are eager to drive success
- You are customer focused: you love to see what’s selling in order to drive success for your area
- You display ownership and drive results: you totally own your category & care deeply about the success of your business.
- You don’t understand 9 to 5.
- You are way above average, and only want to work at a place that is nowhere near average.
Please put together on ONE pdf file:
* Slide with 5 key trends (no denim) for the Reformation girl’s Summer 2021 wardrobe (not Reformation items)
* Answer these design questions: What fashion brands do you look to for inspiration? What celebrity/influencers do you look to for style inspiration?
Please attach in the Cover Letter section of your application. If you have an online portfolio, please put your link in the area marked "Website". If you do not have an online portfolio, please upload ONE pdf version of your portfolio/work.
Please submit your resume as well!
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for eligible employees
- Paid vacation, sick, holidays & volunteer time-off for eligible employees
- Mission based company + casual and entrepreneurial work environment
- Clothing discount, dog-friendly office, company events + parties and much more
- 401K with company match
The Reformation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status