Commercial Apparel Lead
At a glance
The Commercial apparel lead will be responsible to develop and scale On’s apparel business and its overall product vision.
Defining the next generation of our apparel, inspiring a fast growing, ambitious team to create the extraordinary and enabling our brand to be an outstanding and innovative leader in apparel is the legacy to be built. This role will create the DNA and appeal for our apparel pieces to be chosen over our competitors from the most demanding consumers in performance running as well as luxury sportswear.
By partnering with key internal stakeholders in Design, Product Management, GTM and Sales as well as the founding members and product board, this role will be pivotal in building out the right product offering, portfolio strategy and distribution channels, while connecting them to brand values and stories that will elevate the consumer experience and perception across our verticals.
This role will be leading On apparel holistically in the organisation through conviction and competence and reports directly to our founders.
- Structure and organize On’s apparel (and accessory) product offering across our verticals to assess consumer perception, performance-level, quality, price point relevance and steer range decisions.
- Imagine, identify and develop product opportunities and work with the product board and key internal stakeholder in realising them in the range
- Manage key collaborations to establish On as an authentic apparel brand
- Be a strong discussion partner for the go-to-market team in creating stories, messaging, campaigns and drop-calendars.
- Partner with the Sales organisation, GM’s, Key Account Managers and DTC team to challenge and ramp up our apparel sales efforts
- Direct and set the right requirements and direction to vastly advance apparel presentation, conversion and sales in our new digital channels
- Build out and further intensify the partnership with out most important key accounts
- Elevate experience retail and how to merchandise and build the brand presence and storytelling of On apparel within retail, shop-in-shops and on ecom.
- Identify and build out On’s biggest market channel opportunities to set the foundation for the next years
- Connect, position and expand On apparel in our tastemaker doors to build storytelling and brand desire
- Work with our trade-marketing team and own-retail team to develop and roll-out meaningful merchandising tools and presentations for apparel. Think in collections and include footwear.
- Work with the creative team on each collection from a merchandising perspective to ensure that it includes the right products to reach sales targets and global clients expectations
- Work in partnership and as a trusted thought leader with the functional leaders to inform and influence business strategies (e.g., pricing, brand, channels, new markets)
- Minimum of 12+ years of progressive work experience in the apparel and fashion or sporting goods industry with a strong track record in product management, merchandising, go-to-market or sales in the apparel space
- Experienced people manager who will inspire the apparel and the wider On team to build and support On’s apparel vision.
- True understanding of the competitive apparel landscape, ability to challenge and disrupt it and the taste to stay the course across product, marketing, channel and merchandising.
- Digital native with deep understanding of digital eco system and new DTC channels
- Love for fashion, product, innovation, retail, digital and consumer trends to be a sparring partner for the Product Board on eye-level.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office (Powerpoint and Excel), experience managing PLM and other product systems is preferred
- Full proficiency in spoken and written English a must
- Experience with progressive and innovative consumer insights efforts