We have an incredible story to tell, but our success depends entirely on how we tell it in pictures, words, and connections.
As Creative Director, you will manage our Creative & Brand team by leading the realisation of our brand equity across all Duke + Dexter platforms, including the creation and management of the Brands Campaigns, Collaborations, Brand Assets, Website Design, Social Media templates & content, CRM templates & collateral, and Physical Space storytelling.
You will work with the CEO in the continuous improvement of Brand & Product Guidelines. You will work with the Social, & E-Commerce teams to establish, plan, brief, and deliver what they need to bring their vision & programs to life.
With the help of a dynamic, innovative and versatile team, you will be responsible for developing and executing a distinctive brand visual & voice equity across all of our Global efforts, and for the Creative Execution required to achieve this.
- Supervise an internal and external team of graphic designers, copywriters, photographers/videographers, and project managers in the creative execution of the D+D visual & voice equity.
- Immerse yourself in the life and lifestyle of the D+D customer & community
- Ensure that the D+D equity remains fresh and distinctive, and evolve the brand guidelines as needed.
- Collaborate with the Social, E-Commerce and other teams to understand and establish business requirements, content objectives, project deliverables, and timelines and translate these into actionable creative plans.
- Spearhead and manage content development for both small-scale and large-scale projects, harnessing strategy, business needs, digital and brand design, compelling content, and technology to deliver extraordinary work.
- Produce fresh, innovative work that translates our brand vision and programs into compelling content for our community.
- Build & lead the creative, managing the production of all global brand assets: social content, web pages & content, print collateral, digital marketing materials, CRM templates, and physical space merchandising and storytelling requirements.
- Review and approve art and copy developed by the team, ensuring deliverables that effectively address marketing goals and challenges
- Manage all creative timelines & budgets through accurate forecasting, aggressive use of alternative approaches, and ongoing expense management.
- Prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short- and long-term needs, establishing production schedules by collaborating with creative talent and agencies.
- Conduct brainstorming sessions with creative team, maintaining strategic and creative thinking to develop innovative and actionable creative initiatives in a fiscally responsible manner
Experience & Competencies Required:
- Demonstrable affinity with the Duke + Dexter brand and premium fashion industry; experience within a brand or retail organisation is important.
- A love of storytelling and all things creative and innovative.
- Extensive, relevant experience developing social-first content in a commercial environment.
- Must be able to set and carry out goals and work well during times of transition; experience in a start-up environment a pro.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences, consumer behaviours and trends.
- Entrepreneurial, resilient and flexible approach working with rapidly changing priorities and short deadlines.
- Stellar communication, presentation, problem-solving and project-management skills
- The ability to inspire creativity and work well with different cultures and personality types — all while juggling various projects.
Education and Qualifications Required:
- Must have a passion for exploration for growth, and the ability to excite others to do the same.
- Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives
- 4+ years of related experience with 2+ years of creative direction in agency or corporate setting
- Experience performing or managing a range of creative positions, such as graphic designer, art director and copywriter, is important. Expert knowledge of the business side of design is a major plus.
- Understanding and past experience creating integrated content across all marketing channels from digital, social media, paid media, mobile, but also understand offline and print
- Proven experience with concept development
- Highly skilled at recruiting and leading teams of creative talent